,,Chapter ten,,

Ok so I have a few announcements so PLEASE LISTEN I BEG YOU
Ok so there will be one chapter after this one and that will be the epilogue.
I cannot stress enough how grateful I am for all the support! I would have never expected for so many people to read this but here we are!

Another thing is that I am planning on doing a Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss one shots series so please leave any requests you have bc I want to have a few ready before I actually release the fic
(Also hiii Max!)
Anyways, onto the chapter!!

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ♥♥♥♥♥♥ •°*"˜.•°*"˜

"Hey kid."

You feel a warm hand on your shoulder as you look off into the sky. You distantly recognize Eda's voice as you stare at the endless stars. The full moons glow puts you into a trance, lighting up the obsidian pool surrounding it.

"Do you want to go inside, kiddo? It's cold out." Eda shivers beside you. You smile at her, still not looking her in the eyes.

You liked Eda, she was nice, motherly even, and a hell of a good time either way. She had a comforting presence that made you feel at home the second you and Ginger took shelter at the Owl House.

Things have escalated since then. The resistance, that you started, has plans to break into the castle and over throw the emperor.

Frankly, it stressed you out to the point of not getting any sleep for weeks. Sadly, this wasn't the only thing stressing you out. Ginger had gotten captured again by the Emporers coven and was being used for information.

Those we the only reasons you were upset. Nothing else. That's all.

I would have gotten better sleep if he was here.. your body shivers as you let what was really bothering you to surface from the bottom of your mind. But you can't think about him right now. You can't afford it.

"I know what it's like, you know," Eda stares off into the night sky. Her eyes were distant, watery, as if they were stuck in a dream.

"What?" You question her but she just chuckles. You already know what she's talking about, but there's no way she could understand what's going on between you and... well, you know who.

"I meant I know what it's like to have someone you love so far away, and working for the opposite side as you." Eda's eyes drilled into your head as you refuse to look at her. "Look kid, I'm not gonna act like we went through the exact same thing but I think you know what you have to do. I wish I would have gone after them but... I didn't. But you can."

Eda began to walk away from you before pausing at the door, "Just," she sighs, "Just promise me you'll think about it."

...

Hunter stood on the balcony of your old hangout spot. He gives a shaky breath in before sitting down to eat his dinner. He still makes two sandwiches even though you aren't here anymore. He usually ends up throwing them away.

The starry sky loomed over him like a panther watching it's prey, waiting to swallow him into the night. Every since you left he's felt that way, like he might be swallowed up by the world if he stopped moving for too long.

Their better off, their better off, their better off. That's what he thinks to himself before he goes to bed. Your better off without him, and that's what matters.

Ever since the guards captured Ginger, not on his orders, he's started eating lunch in the dungeons with her. Usually the conversation started out slow and became more natural, but it always ends up being about you.

Because, oh titan, he really goddamn misses you.

Today, however, he's not with ginger. Instead, he is alone. He didn't know what exactly brought him to this spot in the castle. It might have been the longing for any familiar memory of you. Most likely, it was the conversation he had with Ginger he had earlier.

"I know you miss them," She had said with the sly fox-like tone she always sported. The day she had caught Hunter off guard with that statement was the two month marking of not being with you.

"Is that so?" Hunter had replied, nonchalantly. It doesn't matter to him if he missed you or not. In his words 'crying about it doesn't magically make them appear in front of my eyes. No matter how much it hurts.' That's been his reply every time Ginger had said something like that to him. But this time felt different. "Admitting that I miss them won't bring them back, you know."

"But you know what will, right?"

And that's what sparked it. The determination to get you back. Now he stands with Palisman in hand, ready to win you back. He's done being scared and he's absolutely done waiting.

...

You look over at your clock, 7:48 am. Hunter would be up by now, he's an early riser, he always was. You never understood it and you absolutely made fun of him for it in the past. But now, the memory just crushes you.

You replay the conversation with Eda over in your head. "I wish I would have went after them... but I didn't. But you can." You bolt upright in bed. You can win him back.
And, screw it, you will.

Without thinking you grab your palisman and bolt out of the owl house. Wind whipping at you on all sides, pulling at face, trying to slow you down. But you won't slow down, you can't slow down now.

For the first time since you left Hunter, you feel excitement. You let out a shaky laugh and put your hands up, as if you were on a roller coaster instead of a palisman. You close your eyes and throw your head back.

"Woo! Hell yeah!" You shout to no one in particular.

BLAM!

A sudden impact takes you off of your palisman and onto the hard grassy earth. As you lay on the ground the smell of fresh dirt and morning due takes over your senses... and... cheap cologne?

You sit up so fast it makes you dizzy. You want to catch a glimpse of what you bumped into. At the sight you let out a chocked noise that sounds like a half-laugh, half-sob.

"Dammit Goldie!" You throw yourself onto the boy who crashed into your palisman, and luckily, your whole world. "You make a better person than a speed bump." You say while nuzzling into his neck.

"I missed you so much, you wouldn't believe it." Hunter says as he wraps his arms around you, pulling you closer too him.

"You'd be surprised," Is all you can manage as you settle into his warm embrace. The whole world seems to slow as you two cling onto each other in comfortable silence.

Hunter pulls away from the hug first, causing you to frown at the loss of contact. He takes hand written cards from out of his pocket and starts reciting them.

"Y/n, I am incredibly sorry that I was did not follow you. I didn't realize how selfish and cowardly I was being by doing that and-"

You cut him off by planting a kiss on his cheek. His face is pinker than his eyes and the shocked look on his face is slowly replaced by a wide, dorky smile.

"Hun, I really don't care. I'm just glad your here and- AHH!" Before you can finish, Hunter picks you up by your waist and spins you around in the air before putting you down, but keeping his hands on your sides

His gaze softens and he pulls you into kiss. It's softer than the first one, warm and forgiving. His calloused hands slide up too your face too deepen the kiss.

You push back with force and place your hands where his are on your face, just to make sure they stay there. You can feel him smile as you press your lips to his, as if to say 'we're together now, and that's what matters.'

You break away from the kiss and smile at him. A comfortable silence surrounds you, as you both bask in the warm daylight. Hunter breaks the silence first.

"You won't believe how long I've been waiting to do that."