,,Chapter Three,,

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ♥♥♥♥♥♥ •°*"˜.•°*"˜

The wind on the staff feels much colder on the way home. It slaps you across the face with the bitter taste of the sea, scolding you for thinking your stupid plan could ever work. You cling closer to Hunter, the warmth from his body bringing the slightest amount of comfort. He's the enemy. Remember, he's about to get you fired from the only promising job you've been offered... you scorn yourself.

When you land, the two guards that's were supposed to come with Hunter huddle around him, not concerned, but curious and irritated at the inconvenience of the situation.

"What happened, sir?" One asks. "We saw that girl try and steal your staff!" The other one tries to move towards you before Hunter blocks them. "She happened to be there when the broom malfunctioned. If it wasn't for her, I would have been incredibly injured so I would prefer it if you didn't accuse her of such things." He snaps back. What? Why would he do that?

"Sorry, boss." They salute him and walk away. You are completely stunned. He didn't have to do that. "W-what- " you begin before he stops you. "You saved me. It's really the least I could do." All the cockiness in him seeps away and for once, you see a young boy trying to make a difference.

"Thanks, goldie." You mutter, still a little shocked from before. He begins to walk away when you grab his wrist. "Uh," before you could second guess yourself, you pull him into a hug. It's not a long hug but it's friendly, and warm. The tips of his ears go bright red when you release him. "No one has stuck their neck out for me before. Well not until you, Goldie." The smugness you intended to be in your voice isn't noticeable enough, so you add, "just try not to be too obsessed with me."

Hunter smiles, rolls his eyes, and walks away. "See you later y/n."

You grin to yourself as he walks away. You two might not be friends yet, but he's one of the only people in the castle that treats you as an equal, even if he is still a cocky little pretty boy.

...

The next day as your leaving your bedroom you run into a certain blonde boy you've been wanting to see. It's very strange for him to be on this side of the castle because his bedroom would be on the opposite side, where the "more important" workers sleep.

"well if it isn't Goldilocks," You tease "What brings you to this side of the castle?" His ears turn bright red, "I'm running errands," he snaps, defensively. "Sorry jeez." You recoil and roll your eyes. Obviously your golden friend was not in the mood for banter.

"Wait," he makes an attempt in softening tone, "I'm sorry. It's just- I've been very stressed out because of work and- I didn't mean to snap." There is only a slight improvement in his tone but there is a faint flicker of guilt in his eyes.

Your glance becomes kinder as you look at him. Your about to accept his apology before he cuts in. "Do you wanna see something?" You can hear the excitement rise in his throat as he speaks. You laugh, nod your head, and before you know it he's leading you down a hallway to an open window.

He puts his knee on the frame with staff in hand and sticks his head out the window. At first you think he's joking until he jumps.

"Goldie!" You scream as you run over to the window, "Goldie? Hunter?" As if on cue, he flies by on his staff and grabs your hand. "Just don't look down." He grins as you hesitantly step up to the window frame. "Wait wha- AHHHH!" Before you can finish he yanks you by your hand out the window and onto his staff.

Present day..

You go into the living room to meet the new recruits, disappointed at what you see. No goldie. There are three witches that sit in front of you, eyes wide with anticipation, excited to be apart of the cause. It's been a little less than two months since you started the rebellion against the emperor.

You are now Allies with the people of the owl house in order to have a base for your uprising. Your roommates her at the owl house have become more like family, they make you laugh, cry, and titan knows they annoy you. Panic goes up your spine when a thought strikes you. What if goldie ratted you out to the emperor?