,,Chapter Nine,,

YOOOO ok so been a sec, except another chapter next week though. This was fun to write even though it hurt my soul 😀
Sorry for the angst, it prolly gets better? Maybe?
shoutout my my friend Max who slays and reads my fanfics so, double points for him
Also if I spelled anything wrong, shut up.
Love you <3

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ♥♥♥♥♥♥ •°*"˜.•°*"˜

You open the door to find Hunter waiting outside. He shifts on his feet, eyes staring determinedly at the floor, avoiding Your gaze. He looks nervous. Face flushed and bouncing awkwardly up and down.

"So I was just wondering," he rubs the back of his neck nervously, "I was just wondering how you were doing with the whole.. criminal exscaping thing." He shoots an nervous smile your way.

He was worried about me.? You feel your face heat up at the thought and remind yourself the crucial detail that keeps slipping your mind. I am currently hiding a criminal in my clubhouse and my best friend is, not just a guard, but the most important guard in the castle. Shit. You begin to sweat, just realizing how unfortunate the situation at hand is.

You feel yourself frown at the negative thoughts. Hunter picks up on your mood and places and supportive hand on your shoulder. "Hey, don't worry! We'll catch the criminal soon. I swear on it." He says, balling his hand in a triumphant fist.

You can't help but give a horribly awkward laugh. "Yes, well I'm sure you will. The best of the best! That's what you are, aha, you go get em' champ." You finish stiffly, holding you arms out and giving two unsure thumbs-ups.

"Uh," Hunter starts before you cut in.

"Goodnight!" You finish, slamming the door in his face. You can hear him worriedly mumbling from outside the door. Flopping down in bed, you give an audible groan. That could have gone better.

...

The next two weeks pass by smoothly as you bring breakfast, lunch, and dinner to your prisoner, and get new information on wild magic.

Sometimes you have meals with her, usually lunch, and talk and play games. Today, you sit with her holding homemade sandwiches, watching the sky from the tower. Shades of pink, orange, and yellow paint the sky and the sun lazily falls from its throne. You can see faint tones of dark blue creeping into the messily painted piece of oblivion above you.

"You know that Emporer of yours is a total hack job, right?" Ginger says from behind you, chewing loudly at her dinner. You can't help but snicker at her comment. You did in fact know that the Emperor is a "total hack job." From the few encounters you had with Belos he never seemed like a picnic of a person, but from what you hear from Ginger, he's much worse than you thought.

"What makes you say that?" You answer, finally, putting your sandwich down and turning you gaze to Ginger. She has told you small things before, 'forced wild witches into hiding,' 'Hes a manipulative tyrant who has the whole island brainwashed,' 'I heard he doesn't like birds, which is crazy, obviously' 'super mean to my friend, Eda.'

You paused at the last one. Eda.. you picked at the name in your head.. Eda, eda, eda. You remember hearing the name from one of the guards. She's a wild witch, from what you've heard, and one of the best. You were about to ask Ginger if she knew anything else about Eda when you saw something in the distance.

"Shit," you squint into the sky only to cower at what you find. "Shit, shit, shit!" You push Ginger down and under one of her blankets as you see the familiar staff approaching the balcony of the tower.

How did I think I could get away with this?? Of course he was going to come back to the tower eventually. I thought I had more time..

"What's happening?" Ginger hisses from under the blanket.