The mysterious duelist

The next morning, Marshall has re-equipped himself with the Mk VII and is listening to his walkman. Morag approaches him with an arc reactor in her hand. 

Morag: Your device, sir?

Marshall: So that's where I put it! Thanks, Morag. Listen, if anyone asks where I was last night tell them I was in my room, Ok?

Morag: I shall inform them, sir. (under her breath) What have I gotten myself into Aggie?

Morag walks off shaking her head. Just then Marshall has an idea. He pulls the device he found in Lela's cave and clears his throat.

Marshall: Hey Bluebird, you copy? I know you still think of me as a traitor to the cause but I- 

Lincoln: Who's "Bluebird"?

Marshall jumps in surprise expecting to see Lucy but it turns out to be Lincoln wearing the duke outfit without the crown. 

Marshall: Uh, Lincoln! Hey! Uh- nice outfit.

Lincoln: (Suspicious) Who are you talking to? What's a "Bluebird"?

Marshall: Well... (sighs) It was Yondu's callsign. He was "Bluebird", Peter was "The Kid" and well, I was "Wildcard".  

Lincoln starts laughing after hearing that info. Marshall looks offended.

Marshall: What?

Lincoln: So let me get this straight. Yondu Udonta, leader of the Ravagers, scourge of the Sirius system, and all-around scoundrel used "Bluebird" as his callsign?

Marshall: Yup. He even had it embroidered on the back of his jacket, just like I had the mark of the Crimson Dragon on mine.   

Lincoln: Sounds amazing! 

Marshall: It was amazing! Ever since the day we met. 

Lincoln: How did you two meet anyway?

Marshall: I met Yondu a few minutes after I met Peter. So basically, it was...

Lincoln: The day you ran away?   

Marshall: (sighs) Yep. But you'd understand why I did that! No one would look or talk to me anymore so I decided that I was done with them. Boy, I was wrong about that. 

Lincoln: I felt the same way after the "Luck" incident that led to me being stuck in the squirrel suit for a month. But my sisters still loved me, even though I tricked them. Hey, Lola and Lana even allowed me to take it off when I was in their room.  

Marshall: Huh, you've got a bigger heart than I did man. But lookin' back on that, I guess Skye was right. I was such a hothead!

Lincoln: I can only imagine. Hopefully, you weren't as bad as Lola was.

At that moment Lola pokes her head out of her door.

Lola: What did you say?!

Lincoln: We weren't talking about you Lols. We were talking about a moment from Marshall's past.