Chapter 8: The video

Camila walked out into the darkness and pulled her coat tight around her. She climbed into the Porsche and closed the door. She could feel the warmth of the seat immediately. She looked over to see Lauren in a pair of jeans, boots, and a long-sleeve button-down shirt. Her hair was down and she was wearing glasses. Camila took a moment to breathe – somehow Lauren was even more beautiful when she was casual.

"You might want to shrug the coat off for the ride," Lauren said, "I've got the heater on, and the seats are heated. You're gonna burn up."

Camila took off the coat and put on her seat belt. She gave Lauren a big smile and Lauren pulled off onto the road.

"I like how you look all...," Camila motioned to Lauren's torso and legs.

"Driving?" Lauren asked, raising an eyebrow. Camila chuckled.

"No, I mean casual," Camila said grinning, "Not in one of your power suits."

"I couldn't pull off that look for a 3:30 AM drive and a day in the mountains," Lauren said smiling.

"Well, I like the relaxed Lauren look," Camila said, happy as she watched Lauren smile widely.

"Wanna put on some music?" Lauren asked, handing her phone and opening Spotify. Camila chose a 70's road trip mix and they were soon listening to Simon & Garfunkel and riding up a winding mountain road.

The trip only took about thirty minutes until Lauren pulled off onto a smaller road and pulled into a lot where a trailer was parked surrounded by a few cars. They got out of the car and walked into the trailer. Fallon was already inside talking to a woman with bleached white hair who was listening intently.

"Here they are," Fallon said, motioning to a chair in front of a large lit mirror, "Camila this is Kirby Anders he'll be handling your makeup. The hair guy isn't here yet but he's on the way."

"Take a seat," Kirby said, leaning down to look closely at Camila, "Fallon says we're going for a natural look for the shoot. That work?"

"Yep, sounds good," Camila said, "I don't wear a whole lot of makeup."

"Well, you're lucky. Your skin is damn near perfect," Kirby said, "And your eyes pop brown even without anything on."

Kirby started working and Camila tried to stay still and keep from fidgeting. Fallon and Lauren walked over to a rack of clothing and were discussing which outfits they thought were best. Kirby was done in about a half hour and Camila was thrilled with the results. She felt entirely comfortable with the makeup and spent a few minutes talking with Kirby about how to do her makeup at home.

"No more time for tutorials," Fallon said, dismissing Kirby, "Hair next then let's get you dressed."

Camila smiled at the final result, her hair blown into long, loose waves. She stood from the chair and walked over to the rack of clothing. Lauren and Fallon had picked their three favorites and were hoping Camila would like at least one of them.

"That one," Camila said immediately, pointing to a long, flowing white dress that looked like the fanciest version of hippie chic.

"Yes!" Lauren said, pumping a fist and laughing as Fallon rolled her eyes.

"What?" Camila asked.

"We made a bet on which you'd pick," Fallon said, "Guess who won?"

Camila smiled widely as Fallon pulled out a hundred dollar bill from her wallet and handed it to Lauren who waved it over her head and laughed loudly.

"Go ahead and change," Fallon said, "We're set up outside and the lighting will be right soon."

Fallon walked out of the trailer leaving Lauren and Camila alone. Camila picked up the dress and walked behind a screen that was set up for privacy. She took off her jeans and shirt and pulled the dress on. She was having trouble doing the zipper in the back herself.