Chapter 15: Good News

Camila woke up and blinked her eyes open slowly. She turned and reached over to find the bed empty next to her. She sat up and immediately noticed the smell of something cooking in the kitchen. She grinned and got out of bed and pulled on shorts and a t-shirt. She walked out of her room and stopped short at the sight in the kitchen.

Lauren was wearing only a t-shirt and panties. Her back was to Camila as she toiled at the stove. The smell of coffee brewing mixed with the aroma of the steak heating in the pan in front of her. She heard footsteps behind her and turned to see Camila, grinning widely as she approached. Camila wrapped her arms around Lauren's waist from behind and rested her head on Lauren's shoulder.

"Good morning, beautiful," Camila said softly.

"Good morning, darling," Lauren answered. She turned her head and their lips met for a quick, gentle kiss. "Why don't you pour us some coffees. I just need to scramble these eggs and we can eat."

Camila let go of Lauren but she rubbed her back softly for a moment before moving to grab some coffee mugs. Lauren melted into Camila's touch and smiled as she poured eggs into the pan on the stovetop. She scrambled the eggs and placed a portion on each plate with the steak leftover from the night before. They sat at the table and Camila made a happy humming noise as she swallowed the first bite.

"I thought I'd never be hungry again after dinner last night," Camila said, smiling.

"Well, you did have quite a workout once we got home," Lauren answered, raising an eyebrow and smirking.

"Yeah, that's my kind of workout," Camila answered, chuckling, "And seeing you in that t-shirt is getting me in the mood for some more exercise."

"You are going to be the death of me, Camila Cabello," Lauren replied, giggling.

Camila's phone rang and she huffed in exasperation as she got up from the table to grab it off the charger.

"Hey, Sofi," Camila said, sitting back down at the table and taking another bite.

"What's up?" Sofi asked.

"I'm eating breakfast with Lauren," Camila answered.

"It's almost 11:00, Mila," Sofi answered, "I think that's technically lunch, or at least brunch."

"Whatever," Camila said sarcastically, "what's going on with you?"

"Me and Kelly are gonna head to the riverfront around 2:00 for the River Fest. You guys wanna come?" Sofi asked.

"Let me ask Lauren and I'll text you," Camila said, thinking she'd like to go but not wanting to answer for Lauren.

"Come on, it'll be fun," Sofi pleaded, "And I want to get to know her better."

"I'll text you," Camila answered, looking up at Lauren and shaking her head in exasperation.

"Ok, soon, Mila," Sofi said.

"Alright, Sofi, soon," Camila answered, "Bye." She disconnected the call and took another bite of steak.

"What was that about?" Lauren asked, her voice curious.

"Sofi wants us to go meet her and Kelly at River Fest this afternoon," Camila said.

"Do you want to go?" Lauren asked.

"I mean, it sounds like fun," Camila said hopefully, "But I don't want to put any pressure on you."

"I'd like to go," Lauren said, her voice tentative, "But now I'm wondering if I should be feeling pressure."

"You shouldn't," Camila said quickly, "Not at all. It's just that we've only been dating a couple of weeks and I wasn't sure whether you'd want to double date with my sister quite yet."