Chapter 31: Home

The van pulled into the arena in Chula Vista and Camila craned her head around, looking.  Normani glanced at her and giggled.

"Almost there, kid," Normani said, smiling.

They pulled around a corner and found the area for unloading.  A black car was there and as soon as the van came into view Lauren opened the door and waited.  The van came to a stop and Camila immediately jumped out.  The women walked quickly toward one another.  Camila felt tears brimming in her eyes as she pulled Lauren into her arms.  She buried her head into Lauren's neck and held her tightly, taking in her scent and the feel of her body finally close again.  Lauren rubbed Camila's back softly.  She moved her head back and their lips met in a sweet, short kiss.

"Hello, darling," Lauren said softly.  Camila grinned widely and let out a soft chuckle.

"You are a sight for sore eyes, Lauren," Camila said, "I'm so glad you're here."

"You two are as cute as ever," Normani said, "and I wish the reunion could last longer but we need to get to work.  It's a short turn-around here, Mila.  We've gotta get inside for sound check."

"Let's move your bags to my car now so we don't have to worry about it later," Lauren said. "And then you can go to work."

They moved Camila's suitcase to Lauren's car and walked into the arena together.  When they got to the office Camila grabbed a water and a banana and ate it quickly.  Normani and Lauren were chatting and the guys were snacking on sandwiches.  Lauren finished her conversation with Normani and walked back to Camila's side.

"Camz, everyone is coming to the suite tonight," Lauren said, "I need to go make sure I have everything prepared. I'll be back before you start to watch from backstage if that's okay with you."

"Of course it's okay," Camila said.  Camila took Lauren's hand and glanced at Normani, "I'm just gonna walk with her.  I'll be right back."

"Yeah, okay," Normani answered, her mouth full with a blueberry muffin.

They walked out of the office and turned a corner to the elevator that went up to the suites.  Camila glanced around at the empty hall and pulled Lauren close.  She leaned down and kissed Lauren passionately, holding her close.  She felt their tongues swirl together and heard herself let out a low moan.

"Oh, shit, sorry," came a voice behind them as someone rounded the corner.

The women jumped apart and Camila felt her face blush.  Lauren gave her a smirk as they turned to see Taylor Swift grinning and chuckling.

"Damn, Camila, I wish there was someone so happy to see me," Taylor said, chuckling.

"Taylor, this is my girlfriend, Lauren Jauregui," Camila said, smiling.

"You really made a find with this one," Taylor said, shaking Lauren's hand, "And I'm not talking about the romance.  The talent level is unbelievable and the crowds love her."

"She is special," Lauren answered, looking lovingly at Camila.

"So, you guys are coming to the wrap party tomorrow, right?" Taylor said to Camila.

"Yeah, we'll be there," Camila said, nodding.

"Let's talk before I leave town," Taylor said, "I'm serious about a collaboration."

"I'd love that," Camila said.

Taylor gave Lauren a friendly wave and walked away down the corridor.  Lauren took Camila's hands in hers.

"So the great Taylor Swift wants to work with you?" Lauren asked.

"Seems like it," Camila said, smiling.