Chapter 5

I was relieved to have the weekend before actually having to attend classes

I stayed in my room for most of the time. I only went to the Great hall at times i knew no one would be in there, quickly grabbed some food and went back up to eat it in my room.

The ring Dumbledore had given me kept glowing up in an orange color, warning me to keep my emotions in check before burning my room to the ground. Every time i saw it light up in that color i tried to distract myself. I either read a book, took a bath, looked out my windows or even counted the steps from my room all the way down to the exit door and back up.

The weekend flew by in a heartbeat and i was nervous to attend class today.

I woke up 2 hours early again so i could have breakfast at the hall in peace. I was feeling weak and dizzy reaching for my wardrobe like i did the first day. I pulled out my uniform and slowly put it on, piece by piece.

First my white shirt, from which i counted all the buttons while closing them in hopes it would relax me. Then my black skirt, tucking my shirt into it before closing the zipper. I reached for my tie, again despising the fact that it was in Slytherin colors just like my robe. I decided to first put on my black stockings which i rolled down to my ankles, it was still too warm in the beginning of September to wear them up to my knees. Lastly i forced myself to then wear the tie and robe.

I went over to my drawer and took out a calming drought which i took right away. I put 2 more in my bag just in case. I recalled that i also had private lessons with Dumbledore later hence it being Monday. It was going to be a long day i could feel it.

After eating breakfast by myself i started making my way to room 72 where my first class 'History of Magic' would be. Luckily this was a subject where i didn't need to perform any magic, just learn about it. Despite my fear of the other students, i was excited to attend my first class in a real proper classroom ever.

I was one of the few students arriving early. "Please take a seat right there Ms.Wright" i shrieked a little. I knew that Hogwarts had Ghosts but i haven't seen one before, especially not one that was a Professor. "I am Cuthbert Binns, Professor Binns to you" he gestured to the table on my right, almost all the way in the back. He had a very draining voice, i hope this class wasn't going to cause me drowsiness. "Thank you Professor" I said in a shy voice getting in the seat he assigned me to.

After several minutes i heard giggles and whispering passing me by. I slightly turned my head to see Pansy arriving with her friends. They kept giggling, covering their mouths, looking and pointing over to me. "Ms. Parkinson, Mr.Goyle and Mr.Crabbe" the Professor called them out angrily "Is something about the Goblin Rebellions funny to you?" he added while the three pressed their lips together, trying not to laugh and eagerly shaking their heads from left to right.

Goblin Rebellions were an important topic indeed, but i have already learned about that years ago. Twice in fact. I see what Dumbledore meant now by saying that i'm ahead of the class and thus won't be at a disadvantage just because i can't use my wand yet.