Chapter 8

I woke up feeling great

I woke up feeling great. There wasn't even a need for a calming draught this morning. I wondered what Draco meant by his mom needing them to get through the day though, was she depressed because of what the newspaper said about their family?

I left my room almost forgetting my wand, i still had to get used to having one, i made a swift turn, grabbed it and made my way to the Great hall for breakfast. As i ran down the many stairs and hallways i felt like the school had changed, everything started to look beautiful to me.

I realized that i must have not seen much of the school yet, with no friends i really didn't have anywhere to go to except classes, my room and my nightly visits to the Astronomy tower.

As i entered the Great hall the feeling of euphoria started to slowly dim down. It felt like a bunch of people were staring and even shrieking away from me. I kept walking down the aisle until i reached a pool of people standing around something.

"Does it hurt badly?"

"Are you okay?" i heard people saying.

I pushed through a few of them to see Blaise, Pansy and Draco who was holding Astorias arm while everyone else stood around her seemingly worried.

"You got some nerve showing up here" Draco turned from Astoria to hiss at me.

"Wha-"

"Don't even try explaining yourself" he interrupted me while shoving me out of the circle with his words. I don't know why i was so shocked at him for yelling, when this was the way he had always acted towards me, but it still hurt because i didn't know what was going on.

"Get her away from me Draco! Please, i'm so scared" Astoria whined to which i just annoyingly pinched my eyes at her.

"I don't even know what this is about" i said looking at Draco, him only giving me a spitefully glance before turning back to Astoria "Come on i'll get you out of here" he said to her while she was still so obviously fake sobbing.

They all started to distance themselves further and further from me until completely going out of the hall.

"Serena!" Neville ran up to me.

"Thank god Neville, these people are crazy i don-"

"I can't believe you would do such a thing!" he interrupted me .

"What? Not you too i-"

"I hope you didn't do this to proof yourself to me, it's messed up" he shook his head and stared at me in clear hatred before also leaving me to stand by myself.

I stood still, feeling beyond confused and holding back my tears. I wasn't going to cry, this was stupid.

"Whatever it was i didn't do it okay!" i yelled into the room, causing everyone that was staring at me to quickly turn their heads away "I can't believe this" i muttered while leaving the hall myself.