Chapter 9

He was leaning over the railing, looking over the Black lake while he was still shaking

It seemed like we had switched our positions from before.

I carefully walked up to him, approaching him like i would a frightened animal. I stood next to him gently laying my hands next to his on the railing while looking up at him. He tried to pull himself together by controlling his breathing, trying to appear fine but i could almost see the knot that was build up in his throat.

"You're not going to jump are you?" my words came out in a shaking and concerned voice, even though i just repeated what he had said to me the other night as a joke.

"Why would i jump, my life is perfect" he said trying to be convincing, still staring ahead not looking at me. However it sounded more like he was trying to convince himself more than me.

"How nice i guess our lives are the same then" i joked knowing my life and probably his too are far from perfect. It caused him to laugh a little "wait, are you laughing? maybe we are friends" i pinched my eyes at him, sarcastically raising an eyebrow while starting to laugh myself.

"Don't flatter yourself" he said pressing his lips together in a smile, trying not to but also ending up laughing.

His laughter almost caused him to tip over to his side, almost making him fall on me but i caught him with my hands on his shoulder and pushed him back to stand up straight.

I knew this wasn't the moment to be selfish but the thing with him and Astoria kept nagging at me in the back of my mind.

He shouldn't be able to but he really hurt me. The way he looked at me and spoke to me... it just- Hurt.

"Oh shit,Sorry" he uttered rubbing his eye and shaking his head a little.

"Why did you drink so much? who even sells to a fifteen year old?" i thought out loud. I shouldn't be so annoyed with him right now, this isn't about me and my hurt feelings. Someone must have really physically hurt him.

"First of all i'm sixteen, nevertheless I'm rich and my last name is Malfoy. It would be laughable for me not to get a dimpsy bottle of firewhisky"  he said laughingly pulling out a bottle out of his coat pocket which he must've put an extension charm on.

He's older than me huh?

He opened the bottle and chugged down some more of it to which i snatched it away from his mouth "what's wrong with you? Seriously" i sighed.

"What? want a sip?" he looked at the bottle.

"I'm not getting drunk with you Malfoy" i replied causing him to frown.

"Oh come on have a drink with me Wright!" he said in his loud drunk voice, snatching the bottle from my hands and throwing his arm around me, drinking again with the other.