Chapter 18

"So it's true" Pansy sighed "there actually was something between you and Draco" 

I looked up at her "it's not that simple" i layed my head back on my knees 

"I was wondering why he was defending you, and why he tried to clear things up with Astoria when she lied about you attacking her. I also noticed him glaring at you in class a lot looking like he was trying to read your mind or something, and now all the fighting with Cedri-" 

"Okay, okay. I get it" i interrupted her "sorry- i just don't want him in my head any more than he already is" i threw the back of my head against the wall "he's an arrogant, narcissistic bully- but" i sighed "but he showed me that he could be different. I thought i had seen something in him" i felt my mood drop. 

"He can be sweet at times, he's not as bad as you thi-" 

"No! I was wrong. There is nothing sweet about that poisonous snake" i didn't want her to confirm my good thoughts of him. They were all lies and illusions- because of what Hermione said; he was just there when i was looking for someonenothing more.

"It doesn't matter, he's engaged now- and to Astoria of all people"  my anger grew and i craved the pills 

"That's not an excuse to run off with Cedric and take drugs do you hear me? Especially with your history of poor health" she put a hand on my shoulder which i quickly shook off 

"You- you don't understand anything!" i hissed at her like an ungrateful brat. 

I saw Cedric and Draco violently ignoring each other as they walked out of the detention room "Cedric!" i ran after him leaving a disappointed Pansy behind me. 

Draco looked like he wanted to say something, like he was surprised i was still talking to Cedric, he stopped himself, probably not wanting to get into any more trouble. 

I gave him a threatening look as Cedric put his arm around me, he stuck out his tongue a little to reveal a pill to me before he kissed me in front of Pansy and Draco, passing it to me as we made our leave. I turned to look at their shocked faces once more, like i wanted to make sure that they knew that i had been gone off the deep end, for good.

"Let's go have some fun" Cedrics voice sounded angry and determined as he said it "we'll find a way to get your mind off of this" i told him. 

"I could think of a few things" he kissed the side of my head and smirked before lifting his arm from my shoulder, grabbing my wrist and started running while we laughed.