Chapter 2:Getting Adjusted

Kal'tsit POV

When I got the call that Amiya and her team managed to rescue Arata...I was happy, but I wasn't ready for what I saw next. I headed to Medbay to see how our operators were doing. Noir, Adnachiel, Hibiscus, Nearl, Dobermann, Melantha, and Amiya were getting their wounds treated by Silence and other available medics. Amiya saw me walk in and judging by the look on her face, she has some news to share with me.

"Amiya, when you recovered, please explain to me what happened during the rescue operation." I said as I walked up to Amiya's bed.

"Okay miss Kal'tsit..." said Amiya with a sad expression.

I then realized that Arata wasn't here in the Med-bay, so I turned to Silence to ask where Arata was. Silence must've known what I wanted to ask because when I turned around, I saw Silence was already facing me.

"Kal'tsit...I had Doctor Arata moved to his dorm. He didn't have any physical injuries....but I can't say the same for his mental state." said Silence with a concerned look.

"What do you mean by that Silence?" I asked

I then felt someone place their hand on my shoulders, I turned around to see that it was Amiya. I noticed that tears were falling from her face. I was afraid of what Amiya was gonna tell me.

"Doctor Arata....lost all of his memories... said Amiya as she wiped her tears

I remained silent while I tried to contain my emotions. I looked back at Amiya and before she could ask me what's wrong, I cut her off.

"Amiya...just send me your report on the operation to my office...I need to be alone...." I said to Amiya before walking out of the Medbay. I made my way to my dorm and as I entered my room, I quickly locked my door. After I locked my door...my emotions finally got the better of me...

"WHY!! WHY!!!" I yelled while slamming my hands on my table while the tears on my face continued to fall. While I let my emotions get the better of me...I remember the last thing Arata told me before....the incident....

*Day of Arata's incident*

When I heard that Arata's lab was being attacked by an unknown group...I kept trying to call him...hoping that he would answer...after multiple tries....Arata finally answered my call. I was horrified when I saw Arata....he was severely injured...everything in his lab was ravaged...and...when he answered me....he still had a smile on his face....

"*cough*Kal'sit....please....stay....*cough*...strong....for....everyone...okay..?" said Arata before our connection was lost by an explosion....

After Rhodes Island made their way to Arata's lab...they managed to find his body....I couldn't bare to see the state he was in-

*End of Flashback*

But before I could continue playing the memory in my head...I got interrupted by a knock on my door. I wiped my tears as I made my way to answer the door. When I opened the door, I was met by Silence and Amiya. I remained as they looked at me with worried expressions.

"Kal'tsit...can we come in?" asked Silence

"Please miss Kal'sit.." asked Amiya as tears fell down her face.

After looking at their faces....I reluctantly let them in...after they entered...we had a long talk and discussed how we felt about Doctor Arata's mental state....

Doctor Arata POV

Well....after waking up and examining the dorm, I realized that this seems to be my "old room". I look at some of the books, journals, and photographs of me and some people I don't know....I then noticed a computer on the desk. Maybe this computer can provide some of the information I need. After I turned the computer on...I then realized one fatal mistake...I don't remember what my password is...crap. But before I could freak out on my current predicament, I noticed a piece of paper next to the monitor of the screen. When I picked up the paper, it had some writing on it.