Chapter 4:The Journey Begins

Doctor POV

I managed to get back to my dorm after finishing up the training drill. I'm surprised I managed to pull it off...but what was weird is that my mind suddenly changed when I began the training drill. It happened exactly like during my rescue operation....I'm gonna have to investigate this later. For now...I'm gonna take this time to take a shower and relax for a bit. Boy am I glad that my dorm has its own bathroom.

A few minutes later....

Phew...that was a refreshing shower. I looked back at the mirror and saw my reflection...I haven't taken a look at myself since the rescue operation...so this is what I look like under my mask...I walked up to the mirror to get closer look at myself...but I decide to stop and grab my mask and get changed into more relaxing clothes. My real face is just a ghost of someone else....everyone just needs to see the mask...nothing else.. I decided to read a book to pass the time. But I hear my stomach growl...I'll read after getting a quick snack from the mess hall. I walked up to the door and after opening it, I'm surprised to see a girl with a light green lab coat, cat ears standing outside. For some reason, when I look at her...she looks extremely familiar. She seems to have a surprised but sadden expression on her face. Without even thinking...I ask her a question.

"Do I know you?" I asked

I saw tears fall from her face when I asked that. Why...is she crying? What did I do? But before I could try to comfort her, she spoke up.

"Do...you remember me...?" asked Kal'sit

For some reason, when she asked me that question...it sparked something in my memory. "Kal'sit...*cough*Please...stay...*cough*...strong...for...everyone okay?" I felt a tear fall down my eyes....I walked over to Kal'sit and wiped her tears before I said something.

"I-i sadly don't remember you miss...but...something about you...wants to tell you something." I said

Her eyes grew wide when I said that...she definitely knew who I was before I lost my memory....seeing her like this...it hurts.

"Thanks for staying strong...Kal'sit." I said

Tears start to fall down her face again...she hugs me with a tight grip. For some reason...this doesn't bother me. After a few minutes of silence, Kal'sit finally lets go. She looks back at me before saying something.

"I'm...sorry. I didn't expect you to say that." said Kal'sit

"It's alright." I replied

We decided to continue our conversation back inside my dorm. Kal'sit walks around my dorm while examining things in my room. Like the photos on the wall, the books on my shelf, my computer, and etc. After she finished examining my room, she finally spoke up.

"How much of me can you remember?" asked Kal'sit

"Not much...a few memories flash in my mind. But besides that, I can remember your name." I replied

I go over to my computer and sign in. I pull up all the information I left behind on my computer like video files, journal entries, pictures. Before I show them to Kal'sit, I see her making her way to the door.

"You don't need to show me...just promise me one thing." asked Kal'sit

"Sure." I replied

"Just be careful okay?" asked Kal'sit

"I will...Kal'sit." I replied

"Goodbye...Arata." said Kal'sit before she left my dorm

A good few hours passed...I sat on my bed thinking about my meeting with Kal'sit. I didn't expect to meet her...I'm not hungry anymore...I need to rest now. I lay down on my bed and drift to sleep and hope for the next day to start....

Next morning....

I woke up at 4am....I guess my body wanted to wake up. After I get myself dressed, I finally decide to make it to the office. I grabbed the keycard that Amiya left for me and made my way to my office. I finally reached my office and after entering it, I looked to see what office it was filled with. It's pretty empty...a few shelves on the wall, a small desk with a computer with the documents that I finished for Amiya. I decide to sit down and see if the computer has a password set up on it. Luckily for me, there wasn't a password set up yet. After much thinking, I decided on a password. I type in...A new beginning. After I finish up, I decide to head up to the roof and look at the morning sun. I look at the sky to see the sun rising up. I smile as I stare out...I guess my journey has begun...