diluc

"someone told me, 'stay away from things that arent yours'"—

"but was he yours if he wanted me so bad?"

pov: a princess finds out that her prince is in an affair with you, a maid.

as a maid of the ragvindr family, you spent most of the day cleaning, cleaning and... cleaning. you were in love with the older prince, diluc ragvindr. but seeing as he was set to get married in a few months, you couldn't do anything but watch him from afar, being lovey dovey with the princess from the klaudia clan. she was annoying and would frame me or any of the other maids for any bad things that she does. she's arrogant and she's a spoiled brat.

it was noon, when the queen ordered me to clean the princes bedroom. he hadn't gone out today but i hope he isn't in his bedroom. i knocked to see if anyone was there, but i heard no response. so i went in and began cleaning. half an hour or so later, i heard the door opening. "oh?" the person who opened the door muttered. i turned around to see master diluc. "oh m-master diluc, i was just cleaning your room." he nodded and said, "please continue." as he walked inside and sat on his big mahogany table, reading letters from the princess.

a few minutes later, i finished cleaning and i was waiting to be dismissed by prince diluc. "you may leave." he said after i had waited for about 48 seconds. i bowed and left, and bumped into the princess. "what are you doing coming out of dilucʼs room?" she rose her eyebrow. "i was tasked with cleaning his room.. by the queen." she scoffed and said, "donʼt you know that only dilucʼs hand-maid cleans his room?" i put my head down and continued, "master dilucʼs hand-maid has gone to her home... for a few days," i rose my head, "that is why i was tasked with cleaning masterʼs room." she rolled her eyes and pushed me.

"oh! im so sorry i pushed you~" she said, sarcastically. just then, diluc came out of his room. "whatʼs going on here?" the princess looked shocked, just for a second when she spoke, "this maid was in my way, so i pushed her aside..." diluc rubbed his temples as he said, "rosette, theres a rose bush over there, where you pushed y/n." he knows my name! "oh. i didnt realise." she sneered (just slightly).  even i didnt realise i had been pushed into a rose bush. when i stood up, my legs and hands were covered in thorns, and were bleeding onto the nice carpet. "sheʼs bleeding onto the carpet!" rosette complained. 

diluc got angry and said, "sheʼs covered in thorns, and all you care is about the carpet?!" rosette snapped back, "BUT THE CARPET IS EXPENSIVE! AND THAT Y/N CAN TAKE THE THORNS OUT OF HERSELF!" i wanted to say sorry to both the prince and princess, but it was rosettes fault so why should i? "iʼll go to the infirmary now, um, im sorry about the carpet, i guess." i said as i inched away, limping. "y/n, let me help you." diluc offered. "no master diluc, its alright." rosette looked pleased, and i wanted to wipe that expression right off of her face. "yeah darling, listen to her. she can go by herself! why donʼt you join me for a walk in the garden?" rosette said as she put her hand out. "i'll stay in my room. dont bother me."

rosette was shocked. i mentally giggled as i saw her face. (a/n: rosette looked like this 😧 lol) i tried my best not to limp as i passed the queens chambers. the door opened as i passed and out came prince diluc and kaeyaʼs mother. "ah y/n there you are!" she smiled. "my queen, what do you need?" i asked as i turned around, trying my best to hide the thorns on my body. "so.. we have a grand, a very big ball happening in about a week. and i want you, to appear as dilucʼs hand-maid. the other hand-maid has resigned from her job." oh? "ah, i see. iʼll think about it." i bowed and tried not to limp as i walked towards the infirmary.