xiao

in the distance, i could see a figure fighting... nothing. their movements were precise and graceful. when i squinted, i could see a shadow of the graceful movements, mirroring the person. were they fighting themselves? or was their 'karma' so much that it literally plagued their mind and tired them so much that they had to fight it.... physically. i intended to stop their fight, but just as i took a step forward, the shadow disappeared and the person fell, face first. "shit!" i ran as fast as i could to see if the person was hurt or not.

i picked them up and before i knew it, they opened their eyes. "yaksha." i looked into the persons eyes. "why are you here?" their voice was being strained. "shhhh dont say anything, you have to rest first. everything comes after." i kneeled down. "im going to take you to doctor baizhu. he'll know what to do." i then lifted the yaksha onto my back. how was i able to do that? "you dont have to... do this." i took a deep breath. "if i dont care for you... who will?" i smiled as i began my journey to liyue harbour. "plus... the lantern rite is around the corner. i wouldn't pay attention to it unless you've gotten better."

i entered bubu pharmacy, the smell of medicines immediately invading my nose. "oh... y/n... is this the yaksha...?" a short zombie that im fond of walked towards me. she put her hands on her hip. "yes qiqi, now can you please call doctor baizhu to take care of him? i cant keep carrying him." the zombie nodded and ran off to call doctor baizhu. a moment later, a tall green haired man with a snake around his neck appeared from behind a curtain. "i'll take him now. rest assured, he just looks very tired."

i took a deep breath and sighed. "thank you so much doctor..." i bowed. "no need to bow, y/n." he said as qiqi took the yaksha from my back. his face was troubled, was he having a bad dream? was it a nightmare? i shook my head. yakshas couldn't have nightmares. "alright qiqi go fetch me some... *unintelligible names of medicines*..." i couldn't hear more of the conversation as the door had been shut. "i hope he gets better soon...." i walked out of bubu pharmacy, having hope that xiao would get better.

later that night, qiqi arrived at my doorstep with a plate of almond tofu. "yaksha... yaksha told me to give this to you..." she put her hands forward, signalling me to take the plate. "awww... tell him i said thanks." qiqi looked down and back up again. "yaksha went out to see the preparations for the lantern rite... he should still... be there." the zombie said as if she was telling me to go look for him. "do you want me to look for him?" she nodded. "alright. i'll go immediately." i smiled and closed the door. i set the almond tofu on the table, grabbing a sweater i made my way out the door.

i searched everywhere for xiao. the wharf, liuli pavilion, even the higher grounds! but i found xiao at a street food stall, enjoying a glass of rice wine. "xiao...?" i walked up to the table and sat down on the seat opposite to him. "how are you feeling?" i asked, my voice laced with concern. "im... fine." i sighed. "im glad to hear that. you like wine huh?" i looked at xiaos almost empty glass. "its an interesting flavour. not that good compared to almond tofu..." xiao looks like he's going to fall asleep. "um... are you tired?" when i asked that, xiao looked at me with a sad, pleading face. "thank you." then, he disappeared.

i hope he'll at least be able to watch the fireworks tomorrow.

————————————————————————
this was based off of the lantern rite trailer that hoyoverse uploaded like... 2 days ago? not sure

thankys for reading😍😍😍😍😍