Chapter 1

"You heard he is here today right?" Kylie a cheerleader said as we were in our locker room getting ready. We were cheerleaders for the New England Patriots. I just rolled my eyes.

"Like it matters, he isn't watching us like every other man, he is actually here for the football." Molly said, I just listened to these girls talk shaking my head.

"What do you think Maisie?" Kylie asked and I shrugged making sure my top was fitting correctly.

"I don't really care. Captain America likes football, so what." I said and grabbed my boots and sat down to put them on.

"You don't like Chris Evans?" Molly asked and I shrugged again.

"Is he cute, yeah sure but I'm not going to freak out just because he is here. He is in a box so we wont see him from the field, we don't even know what box and I'm here to dance, entertain fans and maybe catch a glimpse of the football game." I said and the girls scoffed.

"You are like the only cheerleader I know here to watch the game too." Kylie said and I shrugged.

"I was raised by my dad and uncles, football every Sunday. What do you expect?" I said and we all laughed. I walked to the mirror to make sure my hair and make-up looked good.

"I hate wearing my hair down with these damn beach waves." I said and Kylie smile coming up behind me. I was fixing my light brown hair to make sure it laid right.

"Well ponytails are a no no." Kylie said and I laughed.

"I know but I can do whatever I want when I get off." I said and she smiled.

"LADIES! It's time!" Someone came to the doorway to our locker room and yelled in. I grabbed my pom poms and headed to the line up in the tunnel. The football players all whistled and cat called as we walked by. I rolled my eyes.

"Aren't half of you married?" I asked loudly.

"Doesn't mean we can't look and appreciate Maisie." The one player said and we all shook our heads with small laughs. This was a regular back and forth with us. We lined up and I was put in the front being captain this season which excited me more than anything, it was what I had been working towards.

"You lead us Mais!" The girls called out and I smiled. We heard our music start playing and I counted the beats.

"Welcome the New England Patriots Cheerleaders!" The announcer yelled and we heard the crowd go nuts.

"LET'S GO!" I yelled and we all headed out of the tunnel hyping up the crowd. I looked at saw my dad sitting on the 50-yard line about halfway up where I got him tickets. It was first game of the season and I knew he would want to be there. I waved at him and blew him a kiss, he smiled and waved back. I noticed she was with him and I hid my disgust. I was happy my dad found someone but me and Marsha didn't exactly get along and she didn't approve of my life choices of being a cheerleader. We lined up at the tunnel and then the announcer announced the team and they came running out and we cheered for them. Once the game was about to get started we went and took our place at the sidelines. We did what we were meant to do by hyping up the crowd or cheering when there was good play or call. It was almost time for halftime and I knew were performing like always but our coach, yes even we had a coach, came up to me.

"Hey after you perform I need you and 2 other girls to go freshen up, you pick who. We need you to visit some of the boxes and take some publicity shots with guest.

"Sounds good, should we change into the shorts and patriots tops?" I asked and she nodded.

"Okay sounds good." I said. Once it was halftime we went out on to the field and performed. Once we were done I looked at Molly and Kylie.