Chapter 6

It had been a couple days since my date with Chris and we had been texting and just talking normally. I as sitting at my kitchen table with my dad when he saw my phone go off again.

"Chris again?" Connor, my dad asked.

"Yeah, we have been texting a lot and I call him after Posey goes to bed at night." I said.

"Does he not know about her?" Connor asked and I shook my head.

"No, I don't want him to know about her yet. I mean some guys run and some are too eager to meet the kid. I don't know how it will go." I said and Connor sighed.

"You will never know until you talk to him. You don't want to get too deep and then spring a kid on him." Connor said and I groaned.
"I know..." I sighed.

"Listen why not when you two go out again just bring up kids and see how it goes from there." Connor said.

"I think he likes kids, when he was telling me about his family he made it a point to tell me her had 2 nephews and a niece and I don't see that just being mentioned but those are kids you can give back to the parents at the end of the day." I said and Connor laughed.

"Just be honest with him Maisie." Connor said and I groaned.

🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈

A few days later I was planning a date with Chris Thursday after the game. It was Tuesday and I was at practice at the stadium and we were working on new halftime routines. I was sitting off to the side on break when my cellphone went off in my bag. I pulled it out to check it. I knew my dad had Posey so I worried sometimes.

CHRIS: Hey, where are you today?

MAISIE: At the stadium, we had rehearsals.

CHRIS: What time do you think you will be getting out?

MAISIE: We are supposed to be done by 5, why?

CHRIS: I don't want to wait until Thursday, I want to take you out tonight.

MAISIE: Shouldn't be a problem. I will shower here but I hope you don't have anything too fancy planned. I wore jeans and a t-shirt to work.

CHRIS: It sounds like perfect attire for a movie in the park.

MAISIE: Oh I love doing that! Can we get pizza?

CHRIS: Already planning on it. I will pick you up at the stadium. We can pick up your car after.

MAISIE: I actually don't have my car, someone had to borrow it.

Which wasn't a lie. I let my dad borrow it in case he wanted to go somewhere he had the seat for Posey.

CHRIS: Perfect.

MAISIE: See you around 5:30. Give me time to get ready.

CHRIS: Will do.

I pull up at text to my dad.

MAISIE: Hey Chris is taking me out after practice. You don't need to pick me up.

I didn't wait for a response and just put my phone back in my bag since we our break was over and we were getting back to rehearsals. After we were done most of the girls just left, I stayed and took a shower and got ready to go on my date with Chris. I was really excited about this date and I had planned to tell him about Posey and be up front and honest. As I finished getting ready I grabbed my stuff and headed out of the stadium through the usual exit. I looked at saw Chris standing there leaning on the wall like normal.