Chapter 2

I was standing with Chris watching the game and cheering just as much as he was. I saw Chris looking at me.

"What?" I asked with a smile.

"Just in a little shock, finding a girl who is this into football." Chris said and I laughed.

"Well I was raised by a single father and he had 3 brothers so it was always sports. My aunts tried but this is as girlie as I get." I said and Chris laughed.

"So not just football?" Chris asked and I shook my head.

"Nope, football, basketball, love baseball even golf for a short amount of time." I said and Chris laughed.

"Where have you been all my life." Chris said and I laughed.

"Here, cheerleading." I said and Chris smiled. We went back to the game and there was a bad call.

"OH COME ON!" Chris and I yelled at the same time and then looked at each other. I noticed we were about to be at 4th quarter and I knew I needed to get back to the field for final walk off.

"I need to go actually. I have to lead the team in final walk off." I said and Chris looked at me oddly.

"I'm the captain." I said and he smiled.

"Nice." Chris said and I went to leave.

"I had a great time." I said and he smiled.

"Me too." Chris said and I smiled leaving. Scott watched me leave and walked up to his brother.

"Did you get her number?" Scott asked and Chris groaned.
"I was too nervous to ask. She is awesome Scott, she loves all sports. I didn't know what to do." Chris explained.

"I guess you just have to try and figure out what door she leaves from tonight..." Scott said as Chris smiled and walked up to the security guard at their door.

Once I met back up with the team Kylie and Molly rushed up to me.

"Um....excuse me! He asked for you stay!" Kylie said.

"It wasn't like that, we watched the game together." I said and they nodded.

"We know, we saw you two." Molly said and I groaned.

"It was nothing." I said and they shook their heads.

"Come on. Chris Evans asked you to stay with him and you say it was nothing." Molly said.

"Because it was! We watched the game and talked a little bit mostly cheering for the game. Please drop it." I said and they nodded and we went back to cheering for the game and doing our jobs. After the game in the locker room I took an extra long shower enjoying the time to myself since most of the girls changed and went home. I braided my wet hair and put on my jeans, slip on tennis shoes, white tank top with my a short-sleeved flannel top I grabbed my bag and headed out of the locker room.

"Night Jimmy." I said passing the night security guard.
"You want me to walk you to your car Maisie?" He asked and I smiled.

"No thanks. I got it." I said and opened the door to leave.

"You know a guy could die waiting for you." I heard a familiar voice say and I turned to see Chris leaning against the wall. I smiled at him.

"You been waiting here since the game ended?" I asked and gave a small nod.

"I have, I realized I forgot to ask you something today." Chris said.

"What's that?" I asked as he walked closer to me and smiled.

"Your number." Chris said and I chuckled.

"You want my number?" I asked and he nodded.

"I do, I had a really good time with you I would like to continue having fun with you." Chris said and we both laughed.

"Yeah I know how that sounded. I just had a nice time with you Maisie." Chris said and I smiled.

"Give me your phone." I said and he handed it over and I put my name and number in it then text myself.

"You have it, don't feel obligated to use it." I said and Chris smiled and shook his head.

"I want to use it Maisie. Since I have you here though, can I take you out for a bite to eat?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"Actually I have something I have to do. Raincheck?" I asked and he nodded.

"Of course. Can I at least walk you to your car?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Sure." I said as Chris followed me as we walked to my car. I shook my head.

"Why me Chris?" I asked and he just looked at me.

"Why you what?" Chris asked.

"Why me? Why did you want me to stay?" I asked and Chris sigh as I stopped at my car. I groaned and opened the door when he didn't answer.

"You just wanted a cheerleader...I get it, not the first guy." I said and Chris sighed. I went to get in my car and he stopped me.

"No, that's not it. Maisie, listen I may be the actor and seem confident but I'm not." Chris said.

"Then what are you Chris?" I asked and he sighed with a smile.

"Extremely nervous and fighting the urge to ask you out on a date right now." Chris said and I smiled.

"Why don't you come to next weeks game and we go out after that." I said and Chris smiled.

"Are you asking me out Maisie?" Chris asked.

"I think it's more of a statement then a question but yes. If you are waiting here next week we can have dinner." I said and Chris smiled.

"Okay, it's a date." Chris said and I smiled. I leaned towards him and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks for letting me watch the game with you." I said and Chris smiled.

"It was my pleasure, drive safe." Chris said and I got in my car and left. I drove all the way home with a smile on my face and once I walked in the door I was attacked by a 4-year-old wrapping her arms around my legs.

"Mama!!" She yelled as she ran at me.

"Posey!" I said picking her up and then I looked in at the sitter.

"Hey Gina, thanks for watching her." I said and she smiled.

"No problem. She loves watching the games so I'm not missing anything." Gina said. She used to cheer with us but got hurt last season and had to have surgery and just retired. She had become a full-time babysitter for me to watch my daughter Posey.

"So I have the schedule and I know when you will need me." Gina said and I put Posey down.

"Next week, can you possibly stay a little longer? I have plans after the game with someone." I said and she nodded.

"Yeah sure." She said and I smiled.

"Okay little lady, time for dinner." I said and Gina hugged me and walked out of the house after saying bye to Posey.

"Okay what do you want for dinner?" I asked Posey as we walked into the kitchen.

"DINO NUGGIES!" She screamed and I laughed.

"Okay Dino nuggies for Posey and a salad for mommy." I said and I kissed her cheek.