Chapter 4

As we were leaving the coffee shop Chris walked me to my car again and I got nervous hoping he wouldn't see my daughters booster seat in the back. I made sure to stand so he couldn't see in the backseat. I wasn't trying to hide her and I would eventually tell him but usually meeting guys and they find out you have a kids one of two things happen. They either are so in love with the idea and want to meet her right way....red flag, or you never hear from them again, you learn the lesson quickly.

"So this was nice." I said and Chris nodded.

"It really was. So what about Sunday?" Chris asked and I smiled at him.

"Well what do you want to do?" I asked and he smiled.

"Something simple maybe like pizza or burgers...." Chris said and I nodded.

"Sounds amazing, you can pick but now I know to dress casual." I said and he smiled and nodded.

"Casual is better." Chris said and I nodded.

"So I'll see you Sunday after the game. You want to wait at the door again?" I asked and Chris nodded.

"Sounds great." Chris leaned in and kissed my cheek and I smiled at him.

"I'll see you Sunday." I said.

"I'll text you later." Chris said and I nodded.

"I would like that." I said.

"Can you text me when you get home?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"I have a stop to make on my way home but I will text you when I finally get home." I said and he nodded.

"Sounds great." Chris said and he opened my car door for me.

"Talk later." Chris said and I nodded and go in my car and drove off.

 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈

I got back to Ransom and Bentleys house and I didn't hear them in the back so I knocked on the front door and Ransom opened the door.

"Hey, come on in. The kids are watching a movie." Ransom said and I walked in. We walked to the kitchen where he and Bentley were sitting at the table as she worked on editing team photos.

"So, how did it go?" Bentley asked as I sat down and I smiled.

"Really well, he is planning Sunday's date but something simple. I'm just nervous I guess." I said and Bentley looked at me.

"Why be nervous today went well, I'm sure Sunday will too." Bentley said and Ransom just looked at me and seemed to read my mind.

"He doesn't know about Posey does he?" Ransom asked and I shook my head.

"No, we all know why I don't tell guys right away but I mean he isn't just a normal guy and I just don't know when to tell him." I said.

"Wait awhile I mean Sunday is really only a second date which means you are just getting to know each other and Posey can be something he finds out about later." Bentley said and I sighed and nodded.

"Speaking of Posey, your kid is very photogenic." Bentley said pulling up the pictures on her computer and I smiled as we looked through.

"She get's it from me. Being photogenic is part of my job." I said giving a big fake smile as we heard tons of little feet running to us.

"Mama!" Posey yelled and jumped in my lap. All the other kids either ran to Ransom or Bentley.

"Posey!" I said and I hugged her.

"Hey Bentley is showing me your pictures. Look how cute you look." I said and she looked at the pictures. We got to the pictures of me in patriots cheerleader outfit and Posey in an age appropriate one and I smiled.

"Oh I love those!" I said and Bentley smiled.

"Yeah I was so happy we got to the stadium early and used the field." Bentley said and I nodded. We went through more of the pictures and then she handed me the flash drive they were all on.

"Thank you." I said and she smiled.

"Well I need to get little monster home and do dinner." I said and Bentley shook her head.

"We are ordering pizza and you are staying." Bentley said and I laughed.

"Oh am I now?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yes." She said and I nodded.

"Okay sounds good." I said and she smiled.

🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈

It was Sunday before the game and I was so nervous because I knew what was happening after the game. The only person who knew was Bentley and I didn't want anyone else to know.

"So Maisie, I saw you this weekend." Kylie said and I looked at her.

"Oh yeah, where?" I asked and she smiled.

"Haute." She said and I groaned.

"Oh..." I said.

"That's all you have to say is "Oh"?" Kylie asked.

"Why is it a big deal?" Molly asked.

"Because of who she was with." Kylie said.

"And who was it?" Molly asked.

"A certain actor she spent time with last week....." Kylie said and Molly looked at me shocked.

"Are you dating him?!" Molly asked and I groaned.

"Can we not talk about this?" I asked and they shook their heads.

"Just tell us." Kylie said and I groaned.

"Ladies, you know I draw a line from work life and personal life and you are crossing it." I said and they groaned. I checked my phone one more time to make sure Gina didn't text me needing something. I didn't have a text from Gina but someone else. It was a picture.

CHRIS: This is where you stand and cheer right?

He sent a picture of the field where we usually stood.

MAISIE: Yes, are you trying to tell me something Mr. Evans?

CHRIS: Maybe....

MAISIE: See you soon?

CHRIS: You can count on it.

I rolled my eyes with a smile and put my phone back in my locker. We got the call to go to line up to go out on the field. After we came out and got all pre-game routines done we went to our normal spots and I looked up and saw Chris a few rows up and I smiled shaking my head. He was looked at me and I pointed to the game and he shrugged and just winked at me.

"I see you flirting." Kylie said and I groaned. There was a time out in the game so I called out a cheer since we had to keep people pumped. This was so hard with Chris watching now. I felt an urge to be a perfectionist. Before I knew it was the end of the game and I smiled at Chris and he nodded. Once I got to the locker room and I changed, put my hair up and did a normal make up job. Once I walk out the door I looked and didn't see Chris. I started to get worried. I went and walked to my car and Chris was leaning on it and I smiled.

"Hey, I was concerned." I said and he smiled.

"I was hounded by Molly and Kylie....I think their names were." Chris said and I gave a small laugh.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about them." I said and he shook his head.

"Totally fine. Ready to go?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Should I follow you?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah sounds good." Chris said and I smiled.

"Alright! Let's go! I'm excited to see what you have planned." I said and he laughed.

"Then let's go!" Chris said and I smiled getting in my car and following his car out of the parking lot.