Chapter 15

The morning after is always the worst, isn't it? With the blur of what happened the night before, then the memories flooding back like a kaleidascope of memories. And suddenly, that feel of uncertainty disappears and you realised exactly what happened. 

Niall's head spun, in continous circles as he sat up from his bed. And that's when he saw the sight before him; things smashed, his desk thrown upside down and an empty bottle of vodka. He pressed his lips together and felt his temples burn, his night had been one he was planning to forget, but woke to remember.

It started off with the fact his dad was back, and he'd took Niall's older brother and his mother away to make things up for all these years. Of course, Niall wouldn't go. And he'd been through so many times in his head why. He didn't need to feel bad, he felt angry. Betrayed. And as if things had to get worse, Georgia turned up at his front door. In a state, that wasn't far from his own. She had found out her secrets he'd been hiding from her. Niall, himself, could sense there was something else behind the reason she turned up at the door. She would've had an urge, or else, she'd not have known about it. 

What he didn't understand, was the night before, things between them were fine and she looked happy, as if nothing in those moments of darkness could destroy her. Until, the next day. It then hit Niall, she came to get what destroyed her, so she could destroy herself. 

Niall sat there on his bed, speechless. His heart started to race and the adrenaline started to kick in, but he didn't move.  He shouldn't have let her leave like that. He was already so mad at everyone else, he didn't notice her well enough in the moment. That's when he realised, he promised he'd look after her, and he didn't. Soon enough, Niall was finding himself fumble and stumble to put some clothes on, tears started to brim in the corner of his eyes as he felt the guilt running through his veins. She's going to be okay, he promised himself. 

Without checking in the mirror how he looked, he ran out the door, breathing heavily. The morning air was cold, and froze Niall's hairs on his arms. He should've worn a jumper, but he had other things to worry about. 

Driving down the highway and the streets, he didn't stop; he went over the speed limit many times and many people blared their horn in a sign of Niall's ignorance. He simply didn't mean to be so ignorant, it was himself worrying. Being hung over didn't help either, he was struggling to keep awake and swereved on the road. Still, he didn't care. The quicker he was, the closer he was to stopping Georgia. If he wasn't already late. 

He ran to the front door, banging and shoving. It was locked and no one came to the door. "Come on Georgia," he whispered to himself. He searched every nook and cranny of the front garden in hopes to find a spare key and soon enough found a key on the top of the door. He opened the door with shaken hands and ran inside, while pulling his baggy jeans that needed a belt. Downstairs, you could hear a pin drop, no one was there. "Georgia?!" he yelled frantically looking in all the rooms downstairs. Not even Kaylee was home. Niall found himself skipping a pillar each time he ran up the stairs, searching each room before Georgia's, until finally: he reached her room. 

The door wasn't locked, and she wasn't anywhere to be seen on the bed. Everything was left clean- bed made, clothes folded. Maybe she was out. That could've been Niall's theory, until he saw the bathroom light on with door shut. No water was running and no movements were made in there.  

That's when Niall started to panick.

"Georgia?" he calmly spoke. No repsonse, no sniffle, no breath. No nothing. 

Niall turned the knob of the door, and his face trailed from the floor to the back corner of the bathroom. 

Surrounded by crimson liquid and small silver blades too cover in crimson, laid a helpless girl. Looking almost lifeless. Her skin, was Ivory. Eyes were closed, lips pulsed together. For a moment, Niall stood there with his hand over his mouth, and the tears seeping down onto his hand.