|10|

Rich pulls his car up to Von's crib and shuts off his car. He grabs his phone and gets out the car before walking up to the door and banging on it in a hurry.

Eventually Von opens the door, annoyed with whoever was knocking at his door like the police this late. He sucked his teeth and opened it to find Rich waiting on the other side. Von steps back to let him in.

"Nigga you know what time it is?" Von asked yawning as he walked back into his crib. Rich shuts the door behind himself before making his way further into the apartment. "Yo ass better have a good reason for waking me up."

"Man Ric' got shot man." Rich said.

Von turned around with a quickness. "What? Who? Where he at?" He asked a million questions while walking back towards Rich. He was most definitely wide awake now.

"Man look. Ion know. He ain't let nobody know nothing."

Von quickly dials up Rico's cell but it went straight to voicemail. Frustrated, he called again but there was still no answer. This shit was weird and not for them at all.

Rico always answered his phone so it was weird not hearing him pick up on the first ring or so. He knew that he could handle his own but they were brothers. How could he just duck off and not say mention some as serious as this? No call, no nothing.

"So what the fuck we supposed to do? Just wait around and worry about if he aight or not?"

"I guess so." Rich shook his head.

Von took a seat on the couch and scratched his head in thought. He was worried if Rico was alive or not. Not knowing whether he was alright or not was killing him on the inside.

"Ion like that bitch Rico been rocking with man." Rich says.

"Who? Imani?"

"Yeah nigga. Ion know. It's some about her. I don't trust her ass not one bit."

Von shakes his head, finally taking a seat. "What you think she had some to do with it?"

Rich shakes his head. "I'm not saying that. I'm just saying man. We ain't had these type of problems since I don't know when. Now she in the picture and all of a sudden niggas is after Ric'? He basically a ghost. Shit ain't sitting right wimme."

"Nigga you be suspicious of everybody. And anyway, how you know Rico got shot and I don't?"

"Uh. We spoke. Me and ole girl."

Rich did have a point. A lot of people had never seen Rico in person or knew who he was. Why all this static and shit now? It just didn't make sense to him. Maybe Rich was right...

"On folks nem, yo ass be tripping." Von said.

Von would most definitely be having a word with Imani soon...

_____________

Imani sat in the corner of the room watching Rico as he rested in the bed across from her. Rico stayed in surgery for a few hours when they'd first arrived to a safe house outside the city. He'd been sound asleep for hours unlike Imani who couldn't sleep a wink. She was still reeling from last night's events. She was glad that he had made it out alright. But one questioned still remained...

What was her people doing there? And why were they gunning for Rico? She would NEVER put him in harm's way or even approve of some shit like this.

How could they know?

They would've never pulled a stunt like this had they knew she was in the whip. It just made no sense to her.

Somebody was responsible and the only person who had motive to take Rico out was her wack ass baby daddy.