Creepy Commercial

This is the first chapter of the triquel: Fiendish Friends! Also, this is a special Easter fanfic update, posted on Easter Day 2023! 🎉🥚

🐣 Happy Easter, everyone! 🐣

So, the Willy's Wonderland restaurant is due to be demolished ... without asking the residents first! 😬 Always a recipe for trouble ... but we'll get to the trouble later! Have something happy first! I hope that you guys like it! 👍

—————

Video commercial on a TV commences ...

A young, brown-haired boy in a red shirt, blue shorts, and white trainers sits on a basic swing in a woody area.

The boy looks pretty miserable; coupled with slumped shoulders, and his left hand cupping his cheek on that side.

A couple of butterflies (one is gold and blue, the other is gold and orange) flutter around the sad child.

Say there, sport! Why so glum? It looks like somebody could use a new friend! And we know just who to call!

———

Suddenly the boy looks up, the look of sadness transforming into a joyful one. He laughs, jumps off the swing, and races towards the trees in front of him. Bright flowers blossom among the trees.

The butterflies flutter quickly after the child. Huge, colourful characters emerge from amongst the trees and lollop towards the young boy.

It was the Willy's Wonderland gang; cartoon-style!

Willy Weasel, Gus Gorilla, and Siren Sara all hold their arms wide open, smiling encouragingly at the approaching kid ... who had his arms open too.

Arty Alligator, in the meantime, was tapping a claw against a drawing that he'd just made. It was a drawing of the young boy and Arty holding hands, with a background of mountains, clouds, and a shining sun.

At the top of the drawing, was the word "FRIENDS"; in big capital letters.

Look! It's Willy the Weasel, and the whole Willy's gang! They're always looking for new friends! And where's the best place for friends to meet?

———

A smiling Knighty Knight points to the right with his longsword, straight at the literally shining Willy's Wonderland. The boy is now riding on Willy's left shoulder, secured safely with his left paw.

The aforementioned child also grins and whoops loudly, punching the air upwards with his fists as he looks at the restaurant. Willy Weasel also grins gleefully at the young boy's enthusiasm.

The butterflies still flutter around them; the blue one above Knighty's head, and the orange one by Gregory.

WILLY'S WONDERLAND FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE! WHERE ELSE?

———

The same kid now does a face-front pose, grinning even wider and holding a slice of pepperoni pizza, and a soda cup with a straw.

The boy is standing in the main hall of Willy's Wonderland, surrounded by the equally smiling figures of Willy Weasel, Cammy Chameleon, Ozzie Ostrich, and Tito Turtle.

Don't wait! Come on down today and say hello to Willy and all his pals!

———

The humungous Willy Weasel then looms up in full-front view, smiling and waving a paw in a friendly fashion.

Suddenly everything disappears and the screen goes black, as the tv is abruptly switched off.

Willy is always waiting!

—————

In the sitting room, in the demolition boss's house, Hayesville, nighttime ...

The TV in question is on a small wooden stand in an averagely-decorated living room. A man and a woman are sitting down on a chair and a sofa, respectively ... and looking at the now turned off screen.

"I still can't believe that they haven't pulled these commercials off the air yet", growled the man, who was now slowly lifting his left index finger off the TV power button.

He was a tall, scowling, stocky, robust man with dark hair; wearing a rough, dark shirt and dirty grey trousers. The man sat in a chair in front of the tv, fiddling with the knobs by the now blank screen of the device.

Behind him, a table stood against the wall; with a heavy-duty worker belt lying on it. The belt held the typical kind of tools used in the building industry.

As a matter of fact, this chap was the best building contractor in this part of Nevada; name of Eric Miller.

"Yeah, disgraceful is what it is ... after what happened to all those families there", replied the second viewer: Eric's wife - Rosie Miller.

She was reclining on a yellow-whitish sofa, which was in front of a wall-sized window; half-draped with curtains. The window showed a large dark green bush right outside, and beyond ... a nice garden under the cobalt night sky.

Rosie was a tall, slender woman in a sleeveless pale golden shirt and blue jeans, with bracelets, and black, curly hair tied up in a bun. Eric Miller just sighed, and then stood up.

"Won't matter much after tomorrow morning when we tear the whole place to the ground", he declared loudly. Rosie quickly shot her husband a sharp, but concerned glance.

"You just be careful, mister! That place still gives me the creeps", she said, the anxiety clear in her voice. The stocky man just huffed and rolled his eyes, in obvious cockiness and confidence.

"I'll be fine, Rosie", Eric said reassuringly, draping a reassuring arm around his wife's shoulders. The aforementioned black-haired woman leaned into the embrace, touching his chest as a warm smile replaces the worried look from earlier.

"Daddy, can we please stay up late tonight?"

"Please, please!" two little voices suddenly piped up near the couple's legs. Eric and Rosie then looked down at their two children: a little boy with his mum's black, curly hair ... and a little, blonde pigtailed girl.

The kids had previously been playing with marbles on the floor, but were crowding around their parents; looking up at them. Eric sighed as his children both then employed the pleading, 'puppy-eyed' look.

This always happened ... EVERY night!

"You two know the rules!" he said firmly, to the desperate pleading that followed. "Bedtime! Now!"

What do viewers think of the restaurant commercial? Do you like it? It's the first time that I've done a commercial in my fanfics, lol! 😅 What do you reckon will happen in Part 2? Vote and comment if you like it! 👍