A Dangerous Game

This is the nineteenth chapter of the triquel; Fiendish Friends! In this chapter, two lovebirds at the local Hayesville basketball match are about to get a very nasty shock! I hope that you guys like it! 👍

—————

In Parson's Gymnasium, Hayesville Senior High, present time ... on Friday night ...

Finally, it was the Friday night that everyone in Hayesville was talking about!

"This is xxxxx insane!" one chap, clad in team colours, crowed loudly. His friend whooped and clapped him on the back in agreement.

"We win this, we go to the state championship!" he agreed.

The two guys, and pretty much half of Hayesville were all crammed into the seats of the town's high school gym. They were cheering, shouting, and egging the baseball players before them.

The Hayesville Hawks (in red) and the Hayesville Honchos (in blue), the two rival teams of Hayesville were competing against each other tonight.

Whichever team won ... would be going to compete in the Nevada state championship! A great honour! A real 'Friday Fun Night' for some, but for others ... it was so much more!

———

In one of the changing rooms, in the back of the school gym, at the same time ...

"I thought that you brought me here to watch the game?" a teenage girl with long blonde hair murmured to the boy on her arms. He was a muscular, teenage boy with floppy brown hair, of similar age to the girl.

"I got something better that I'm watching", the boy replied, flirtatiously. The girl rolled her eyes in amusement, and playfully swatted him on the shoulder.

"Stop it, you!" she said, teasingly. The two teens were perched together on a long table in one of the gym's changing rooms.

Weights and sweaty clothes lay heaped on the floor, and the wall behind the table was emblazoned with a huge slogan. 'SOAR LIKE A HAWK': the motto of one of the two currently-competing teams.

"I've always dreamed about you, darling", the boy continued. "Even back when I went to school here." He grinned as he saw his girlfriend blush deeply.

"Too bad that you didn't focus more on your grades, janitor-boy!" she said, with a sassy smirk. Her boyfriend grimaced with mock hurt as he laughed.

"Hey, don't badmouth janito-" The boy's words were abruptly cut off as he was viciously killed with the flick of knife!

"Oh my god!" his girlfriend cried out in horror and shock, tears pooling in her eyes. The shaking girl stared past the dying boy's shoulders, and into Siren Sara's evil, gleeful gaze.

The animatronic fairy was kneeling behind her victim on the table, gripping his shoulders tightly with one hand. She held the knife in the other, twirling it around playfully.

The weeping girlfriend hastily got off the table as Sara let go of the dead body, backing away several steps. The siren robot then suddenly hurdled over both body and table with unnatural agility ... to land right in front of the girl.

Said girl yelped in fright, nearly having a panic attack due to the horrific situation she was in! She automatically turned around in an effort to flee ... only to bump into a grinning Gus Gorilla.

"What the xxxxx are you?" the girl shrieked as she quickly backed away to a safe distance from BOTH monsters! The two animatronics ignored her at first; turning to share a cynical look with each other.

"This one's got a xxxxx mouth, don't you think, Sara?" Gus grumbled as he looked back to sneer at the other girl. The blue fairy nodded, but rolled her eyes at the same time.

"True, true ... but let's not be rude", she chided her friend gently. Siren Sara then turned her attention to the frightened other girl, her fangs disappearing as her ripped mouth sealed up completely.

"Hello, dearie!" she said, with the most uncanny cheerfulness. "I'm Siren Sara, and this is my good friend: Gus Gorilla!"

Sara gestured to the aforementioned ape, who waved and grinned cheekily at the other girl. The aforementioned girlfriend was noticeably too grief-stricken and stressed to wave back.

What on earth was going on? What the heck were these things?! They sounded like robots ... but that was IMPOSSIBLE!!

"We're here to watch the game, but we're taking a little break at the moment", the blue fairy continued. She then sniggered. "Seems like you are too ... or were!"

The mascot robots both burst into cruel laughter as they glanced derisively at the dead boy, and then at his sobbing lover.

"But enough of such pleasantries!" Sara remarked, her giggling finally dying down. "Let's play a game!" Gus's eyes brightened happily, as he stopped laughing too.

"Oooo! What do you have in mind, Sara?" the gorilla asked, eagerly. The animatronic siren merely smirked.

"How about a singing contest, huh? Whoever can sing the best ... wins?" she suggested. Gus grinned once again, and whooped loudly at the idea.

"Awesome! I'm all for it! Bit of a long shot really, since Sara's a siren ... but come on, girlie!" he quipped encouragingly to the scared girl. "It'll be fun!"

The blue fairy turned to look at the aforementioned girlfriend, smiling enthusiastically.

"What do you think?" Sara chirped, to which the other girl violently shook her head.

"No! No, just stay away! Get away from me, you twisted freaks!" the now-hysterical girl yelled as she turned and ran for her life! She quickly reached the changing room door, and jiggled the doorknob frantically.

Locked.

No, please don't be ...

The girl jiggled it again. Still locked.

No ...

Sadistic sniggering from behind her caused the girlfriend to slowly turn around, looking horrified.

Siren Sara and Gus Gorilla looked really sinister and murderous now, with their evil grins and narrowed eyes! The robot fairy's fanged grin had appeared once again, and was open in a loud, terrifying cackle!

"Make her sing for me, Gus!" Sara drawled, as she leaned leisurely against the table. The blonde girl cried in hopelessness and pure fear as the animatronic gorilla approached her menacingly.

"Stop it, you xxxxxx!" she shouted, before her voice was suddenly choked off into silence!

"Still foul-mouthed unfortunately", Gus muttered, tutting as he gripped the girl's throat in one hand. "Let's see if she can hit a high note."

By now, the roars and cheers of the crowd outside in the main part of the gym had reached a fever pitch of volume! Loud enough to block the bloodcurdling screams from a certain changing room nearby ...

Do you think that this bodes ill for the other people at the game? Vote and comment if you like it! 👍