A NEW BEGINNING

You have finally arrived in Boston, you take a taxi and you admire the landscape of this beautiful city. You arrive in front of your apartment and start picking up the boxes in the moving van.

"Finally! We did it, Ali! You'll be able to realize everything you wanted to do!" She hugs you.

"Yes, I can finally be quiet. Goodbye Arizona, Hello Boston. All thanks to you... Thank you so much."

"I had to get you out of there. So you ready to go?" She holds the keys in her hand and shakes them.

"I can't wait. Let's go!"

You start to open the front door and are greeted by the janitor. He gives you a small welcome gift and you start to climb the stairs and you arrive at the door of your apartment.

"Come on, do the honors! It's up to you to open the door to your dream apartment." Stella hands you the keys and you take them.

You start to open the door and you discover the interior of your apartment. You are impressed by the view you have in your living room. You close the door behind you with your boxes and suitcases. Everything is already furnished and you just have to unpack your things and go get something to eat. But the doorbell rings.

"Are you waiting for someone, Stella?" You are surprised and wonder who it could be

"No, are you?"

"No, I'm going to check." You stand in front of the door.

"Who is it?"

"It's the mailman, ma'am" You open the door.

"Hello, I have a letter for Ms. Clark." He hands you the letter and Stella looks at the handsome letter carrier from a distance.

"Oh, uh, thanks. Do you have the name of the person who sent me this letter?"

"No, I'm sorry... Have a nice day"

"Good day to you too." You close the door and try to guess who it might be.

"So, who is the mysterious recipient of this letter?" She sits down on the couch.

"I don't know..." You turn the envelope over and you see two initials

"Weird, AB, who could it be?" You start to open the envelope and you see an invitation plus the letter.

Content of the letter:

"Dear Mrs. Clark, Welcome to Boston.

I have received your file regarding your application to work on my team and am pleased to tell you that you have been accepted. In this honor, I invite you to the charity gala on Thursday at 6:00 p.m. A car will pick you up.

Wishing you a pleasant day,

Mr. Barber"

"Stella?! I got in!!" You jump for joy and do a victory dance with Stella.

"Oh my god, I'm so happy for you, this is a new life starting for you."

"Hey! What do you think of the mailman?"

"Not my style, no I prefer a guy with character..."

"Perhaps dear Mr. Barber has character, and you will like him... Maybe we'll go shopping because I don't want to say but there's nothing in the fridge"

"Don't worry we'll go, I'm just going to take a shower because it was a nice drive but I don't want to go out dirty."

You leave to take your shower and realize you forgot your towel.

"Stella? Can you hand me my towel please?"

Stella arrives with your towel, plays with you, and laughs.

"Stella stop, I'm cold, please..."

"Oh, you're not playing..." She throws the towel in your face and leaves

"Don't be angry Stella..."

"I'm not angry, I was just kidding, and it was to annoy you"

"Oh, don't worry, I got it right. I'll get ready and we'll go get some food."

"Okay"

While you're getting ready, Stella tries to jump on the couch but misses and falls on the floor. You rush to the living room and you're laughing because you caught it on video.

"Are you okay?" You pick her up.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She stands up quickly. "Don't post that on the internet..." She points her finger at you.

"Don't worry, it won't happen. I prefer to keep it as a souvenir..."

You start taking your stuff, and head to the nearest supermarket. You arrive and you start from each side to take the items you need. You're trying to catch a pot, but you're too small.

"Oh come on..."

"Let me help you..." He grabs the pot and gives it to you.

"Thank you so much. I never thought I had this pot." You laugh and he laughs with you.

"So, you're a bean fan..." He raises his eyebrows.

"Oh, yeah... It's just so delicious. I could eat it for hours." You chuckle and you put it in the basket.

"I'm Ransom." He reaches out his hand to you.

"Alison." You shake his hand and smile.

"Hey, Ali! What are you doing? I've been waiting for you for 5 minutes... Oh..." You turn around, and Stella is surprised. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you were talking to someone..." Stella is leaning her head to the right.

"It's okay Stella. I have to go. I'll see you around." You wave.

"I didn't even get your..." You already left with Stella and he sighs "...number."

You pay for your products and you leave the supermarket. You go home.

"Oh my god, he's beautiful as a god!!! Did you see how sexy he is?"

"Stella, don't start"

"What? It's true Ali look, you're single, you talk to hot guys and you have to find someone..."

"Stella, stop. Please."

You put your hands on the work surface and lower your head to the sink.

"Ali, I'm sorry. I should never have said that..." She comes up to you and hugs you.

"It's okay Stella, it's okay." You stroke her arm.

"Do you want to order some pizzas?"

"No, I can cook, I'll make some pesto pasta. Can you set the table?"

"Sure" She takes out the cutlery and plates and sets the table.

After preparing food and cleaning the dishes, you decide to go to bed. You can't sleep because you think about that guy you saw. You ask yourself many questions. 

----------------

Notes from Alicia 

~ Next part: next week between May 9th - May 15th 

(Do you think Alison will see Ransom "the hot guy" again? Or will she move on?)