THE CHARITY GALA - PART 2

"What?" you laugh "No, you're kidding me... right?" They look at you seriously.

"No, Alison, it's not a joke..."

Ransom is clearing his throat.

"Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom, I don't feel very well..."

You run to the bathroom as fast as you can. You put your hands on the ledge to avoid fainting, you breathe several times, and you're having a panic attack. We knock on the door.

"Alison, are you okay?"

He can't hear you.

"Alison please answer?"

He places his ear on the door and hears you breathing hard. He tries to open the door and yup, it opens.

"Alison, hey, what's going on?"

"It's nothing, Ransom, it'll pass..." your hands shake.

"Hey, look at me..." he cups his hands on your face.

You can't calm down. "Look at me..." You look him right in the eyes, with tears in the eyes. "It's gonna be alright, okay?" He wipes your tears with his thumb.

Oh my God, he's so close to me, I really want to kiss him.

You smile and nod your head.

"Okay, do as I do... Inhale gently and exhale quietly." He takes your hands and squeezes them.

You follow his instructions and you regain your composure.

"Here you go..."

Without being careful, you take him in his arms. He raises his arms in shock but hugs you back.

"Thank you very much Ransom..." you mumble.

"I'll always be there if you need..."

You're backing away from him.

"Oh, I'm so sorry..."

"It's nothing. Are we going back? Or do you want to go back?"

"I'd like to stay and apologize to your brother for running away like that."

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll understand..."

"I hope so".

You get out of the bathroom and you go back to Andy.

"Alison, how are you feeling?"

"Better, much better thank you..."

"By the way, while you were gone, Alison won a prize..."

"What do you mean? I didn't even buy tickets and..." you just realized "you did it for me..."

He winks at you. "Here's your lot."

The prize you won is a whole basket of beauty products for two people.

"Oh my God, I don't know how you both thank..."

"No need. Maybe you should stay for the speech I'm going to give in a few minutes, here's our table over there..."

"Oh, well, that would be my pleasure."

You and Ransom sit down while Andy joins the stage and delivers his speech. After the speech, you have a lot of fun and end the evening. Andy thanks the guests and you and Ransom are still in the main room.

"I had a great time despite the panic attack, thank you very much."

"Alison, if you ever need help, we'll be there to help me and Andy."