We are the champions

We landed in Minnesota. My parents picked me up at the airport and Adam drove home with us. Because the new ducks didn't live here, they stayed with a few of the team. Dean stayed at Fulton's, Luis at Guy's, Ken and Dwayne at Charlie's and Julie at Connie's. Russ came with us for a week and stayed at Jesse's.

Adam and my dad have a really good band. They act like they are best friends. They tell each other everything. I'm sure my dad knows what happened with Sophia.

We brought Adam home and his parents invited us over for dinner. First we went home.

"Grandpa!" I ran to him and hugged as tight as I could.

"Kiara. I'm so happy to see you!" He said.

"I'm happy to see you to. How are you?" I asked.

"Doing much better now that I see you." He mentioned. "Enough about me, you guys are champions!"

"Yes!" A smile formed my lips.

"You did great. I watched all your games on tv. Those Icelanders were fanatic and tough. I'm proud of you, little angel." He assured.

"The Banks family invited us over for dinner. Are you coming?" I asked.

He sighed. "I don't know. I still don't feel very good."

"I understand. I love you." I said.

"I love you too."

I ran to my room. Finally my own bed. I missed it so much. I laid down and checked my social media. Connie posted a picture of us with Julie on her instagram. I already missed it, seeing the team every day.

I got a call from Adam.

"Hey Ki, miss me already?"

"Yeah I do."

"So I wondered that maybe after dinner we can invite the team and coach over at mine and have one last night together."

"That's a good idea!"

"Okay I'll send a text. See you soon."

"Love you!"
He hung up and I got a text in the team group. He asked Don and Mckay too, and coach of course.

I got up and walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I let the water streaming down my face and body. The bruises around my waist were gone but now I had little scars.

When I walked out of the bathroom back into my room, Adam sat on my bed. I only had a bra and underwear on, nothing else so I wrapped myself in a blanket.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask with my eyes wide open.

"I missed you." A grin formed his face.

"Oh shut up." I throw a pillow on his head.

"Why do you cover yourself? You know you don't have to cover for me." He explained.

I started blushing. "Okay I just need to change." I gave him a smile.

"Can I choose something that you can wear?" He said softly.

"Yeah of course. Go ahead."

He walked to my closet and took some clothes out. Sometimes he looked at the clothes, than at me and back at the clothes. It was adorable. Eventually he took out a white dress with button in the middle. It isn't a thing I would wear but I thought it was cute for now so I put it on.

I quickly fixed my hair and laced my shoes before going to the Banks's. Grandpa stayed home. The family Banks are so nice. They always treat me like their own child. I sometimes sleep over and make breakfast for them.

After dinner, I talked to my mom and Adam's mom about life. How everyone was doing and stuff.

Then the team started coming. We sat in Adam's backyard which was huge! His dad made a camp fire for us to make marshmallows. I sat between Adam and Jesse. Adam made me some s'mores. They were delicious.

It was getting colder and the only thing I was wearing was a dress. Adam took my hand and walked me inside.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You're cold. Here take some clothes from me." He handed me a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie.

I smiled and took the clothes. I took off my dress and stood there in my underwear and bra. Adam looked at me and smiled. But then his smile faded.

"Is that from the bruises?" He asked looking at my waist.

"Yes... don't tell anyone please." I said quietly.

He sighed. "Okay I won't tell anyone."

I slid the hoodie over my head and stepped in the sweatpants. Adam stood in front of me and hugged me tight. I hugged him back as he rested his chin on my head.

"I really do love you Ki. And I know it sounds weird because we're young but I do." He said softly.

"I love you too." I said blushing.

"Let's get back to the team." He wrapped his arm around me and we walked back outside.

We heard Dwayne playing a song on his guitar so we quickly sat down. Averman started singing 'we are the champions' by Queen, of course.

We all joined.

ve paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand
Kicked in my face
But I've come through
And we mean to go on and on and on and on
We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the World
I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune
And everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before
The human race
And I ain't gonna lose
And we mean to go on and on and on and on
We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the World
We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the World

The night was almost over so I stood up and started to speak.

"I just want to tell you guys that you guys are more than my friends or team, you are my family. I love y'all so much and I really hope that our hockey adventure together isn't over yet, even though some of you are going back to your home state." I smiled and sat down again.

"We all love you too, Ki." Coach said proud.

It's true. I don't want this to be the end. I want more, more of the team, more of hockey, more of Adam. This is the best team I've ever had and these guys are my family.