USA v.s. Iceland #1

"Alright are we ready for warm ups?" Coach walked in the locker room.

Everyone responded with "yeah" or "of course.

Bombay looked different. He wore a suit and his hair was combed back tight with gel.

"Hey nice jacket, did you get two pairs of pants with that." Averman joked while all of us laughed.

Fulton, Dean and I walked up to coach.

"Good night last night coach?" Fulton sat next to him.

"Yeah it was fine." he responded.

"What did you do?" Dean asked.

"Oh you know just watched some tv, got to bed early."

"But not without a little dessert right?" Dean sounded annoyed.

"A little ice cream maybe huh?" I said and walked away.

"Nice haircut. Did you lose a bet?" Coach looked annoyed at Averman.

We got on the ice. Averman was 'interviewing' Goldberg.

"Live from beautiful Los Angeles, welcome to the Junior Goodwill Games. Tonight's matchup, team USA faces off against team Iceland."

Averman handed his stick to Goldberg "Cake walk."

He brought back his stick to his mouth as a microphone "we have with us today Greg Goldberg, goaltender for team USA. Greg, what is it going to take to beat these feisty Icelanders tonight?"

"I think it'll take a supreme individual effort by me, Greg Goldberg."

The ref skated to them "let's play hockey."

We got to our places. I was right center. Jesse was center and Ken was left center. Jesse took the face off. He almost got knocked down so Dean jumped between them. Gunnar fell to the ice.

"Oh come on man get up!" he said. A ref came up behind him. Dean took down the ref and got sent out of the game. Great, now we only have one bash brother.

Iceland skated towards our goal and shot, the puck went in. 1-0.

"Hey Goldberg. I bet if that puck was cheeseburger you'd stop it." It was the same kid from the other game.

We all got checked into the boards, tackled to the ice and pushed down. Dwayne shot the puck at me but I got checked into the boards really hard. My head hurt so much but I got up and played.

Adam got the puck and skated to the goal but also got knocked down.

"Kiara, Connie switch!" I got in the box and Connie got to my place. I sat next to Adam, resting my head on his shoulder. My head hurts so bad. I closed my eyes.

Adam got into the game. Iceland scored again. 2-0. We all were tired and hurt.

"Where's our concentration? You guys are out there running around like a bunch of chickens with your heads cut of." Coach was mad.

"We're doing our best." Jesse said annoyed.

"Well your best isn't enough anymore. Blow this game and we are one loss away from elimination. You guys might wanna go home early but I sure as heck don't."

4-0 Iceland. It was the final period. Adam took the face off but got knocked down. Iceland got the puck and scored again.

"Your off Goldberg." Julie came into the game, finally. I skated to her.

"You can do this girl!" I cheered.

Two Iceland boys skated up to us. "Send in there woman do a man's job."