New Beginnings

Pic as Andrew.

For the rest of the ride, we talked about everything that came to our minds. From things that we do in our day-to-day life to accidents happening occasionally leave an impression on our memory.

We are laughing at silly jokes and some bickering also ended up between grandpa and uncle. It's weird how we are so comfortable with each other that there isn't even a single moment when I felt out of place or short on stuff to talk about. I am clearly avoiding talking about Kyle and my mating bond and thankfully they didn't mention anything either yet I have so much to tell them.

I guess, I never had anything like a proper family before and never realized how lonely I was. Bottling up even the tiniest anomalies in my life to myself became my habit and I had multiple reasons. I was one of the only few gay wolves out and while the outer world is quite accepting of that unfortunately the community I used to live in wasn't modern enough. My preferences made me alien from my peers and the cherry on top was the fact that I never turned.

Correction - I did turn when I was itty bitty twat but for some reason, my parents forbid me from doing it ever again. Something about the gift I was born with and my magic comes from it so if others found out about that gift then I can say goodbye to my magic.

And God forbid I am so used to using magic in everyday life that I will probably die without it. Even at the moment, I am using it to mask my scent. Though werewolves are magical beings we do not control the magic voluntarily with our will and I doing so makes me an anomaly.

All these things ultimately contributed to me being invisible even in a room full of people. You can also call it self-preserving.

It's an hour's journey from the airport to home and we had plenty of time to catch up with each other to our heart's content. The house is basically on the other side of the city or more so on the outskirts and that brings a lot of peace and privacy with it which I'll have to say I am greatly thankful for.

Arriving at our destination I looked at the simple two-story house in front of me. Nothing out of ordinary at least till you walk in further past the living room.
You descend the stairs and that's when the magic starts.

I have watched the entire place in pictures and videos sent to me by my uncle. And I can't help but feel giddy at the prospect of seeing it with my own eyes.

All the architecture and engineering of the place are done by uncle John and his friends. Uncle John is a successful engineer having worked in all parts of the world and aunt Ella is a cardiologist. She is head of the department of Cardiology in a multi-specialty hospital and also runs her own brand of clinics. In this modern age of skyscrapers and junk food, they earn more than enough and the glitter on gold is Grandpa's cafe house/bakery. Basically, they all literally have their heads down in a gold pot.

So, the house looks like a simple two-story building from the outside but it isn't. Uncle designed it in a way that only one-fourth of the house is the front above the ground and the rest of one-fourth is below the ground. The remaining half is hidden in the forest in our backyard above the ground.

It's in the strange shape of an annoyed face "---__-" just one side is bigger than the other and the bend is under the ground.

I was about to exit the car to help grandpa and uncle with luggage but then the front door slammed open. And that was my cue to settle back in my seat.

A well-dressed woman, even in homely clothes, with a flashing white smile and twinkling eyes came out of the door standing on the front porch. She was looking straight at me through the glass, her hawk eyes watching my every single muscle twitch. She is waiting and it scared me a bit... scratch that scared me a lot actually.