Devil In Hiding

Do point out any mistakes you see, and I'll correct them.

[Andrew]

It's been a couple of days since I began my new life in California, sort of. There isn't much happening, but a small start is still a step ahead.

Matthew and I have been going places all around the city. The places that he thinks are cool and 'hip' and also that is a bane to the existence. Yeah, he uses that word and so do I.

Like the underground gay club that definitely does not have a creepy entrance and even creepier dudes twerking to some great music. I didn't know if to laugh or cry at that time. Thankfully, we visited a few places that became my favourites.

A small cafe right on the city square and its windows face the huge library on the opposite side. Also, there is this park almost hidden from the public eye but it was so beautiful and peaceful there. Other than that a couple of restaurants and street places that serve good food are also added to my list of go-to places. I am learning my way around the city and surprisingly it all had been a very pleasant experience.

I enjoyed my time with us wandering around the city and him showing me his favourite places that would suit my interests. He knows his stuff and as it turned out we do have a lot in common, surprisingly.

And surprisingly again, I don't feel the repulsion I should have towards him. The wolves like us who have found a mate regardless of whether mated or not get a sense of detachment towards other unmated or unclaimed individuals.
It could be because he is a human but I have found my mate and unless the other person is my second mate, I should have a sense of repulsion towards any potential interests.

I am not gonna lie and say that I don't like these fluttering maggots inside my body, Matthew does everything that ticks my boxes right and even his annoying behavior sometimes tickles me well.
But at the same time, he is not my second mate and he is too good to be true.

He is funny, good-looking, charming, sharp to tiny details, and very caring... Too caring in fact.

It reminds me of that stupid viral tweet claiming no man has all the traits. It was a long-running joke in our friend circle in high school but now looking at Matthew I really want to do a double-take at that list.

He is tall check, he is hot and handsome check, he is intelligent..uh..half-check, he has a good package- definitely double-checks. With those tight pants, he wears there is no chance in hell it's gonna stay hidden.
He can communicate? Oh boy, I was blown away by his ability to converse continuously without a break, check. Not sure about his sex life though but he doesn't give off those vibes and more so... He literally spends all his time here with us and the only time he is on the phone is when talking business.

You see, like... Like how? He is just too perfect. It's almost unnerving.

In short, I am on my way to getting fucked, both literally and figuratively.

Today is another day of adventure and eye fucking Matthew's abs through his paper-thin shirts. Yep, he has a thing for those translucent white shirts that he again surprisingly can pull off.

A lot of surprises, huh?

At first, when I asked he said that he likes them which was alright, makes sense but then he went on saying that he is very warm-blooded and the heat here would cook him alive in normal clothes... and so on.

And I was like really, I mean excuse me, I am a werewolf and after fire elementals, we are next to walking heaters.
And even after that among the two of us, he should be the last to worry about being cooked alive considering he is a human and not a beast.
Those hunters do not differentiate in their roasting between Vampires and other supernaturals.