Start A New

Please, point out any spelling or grammatical errors you see, and I'll be happy to correct them.

"We have to send him away."

For wolves to be in silence is nothing short of trauma and for werewolves, it is surely impossible, unthinkable, absurd, ridiculous, and shocking and yet they all were in complete silence.

Clark's words not only stunned the occupants of the room into silence but hushed down all the activities in and around the packhouse. Every member's ear was zeroed in one direction.

He noticed the sudden change and warned the members to not eavesdrop, the consequences would be severe. The threat released was real and gradually the senses aimed at them moved away.

"But..." Emily was the first to stand up objecting to her mate's decision.

Though Clark was quick to beat her to it.
"I know what you are thinking Emily but it is very important to distance Kyle away from this place. Keeping him here wouldn't help anyone and the pack members aren't talking to him kindly either. The change in surroundings might bear more positive results and also we might have an idea of Andrew's whereabouts too." The end part was sort of self-explanatory about what their intent was.

"Emily, Clark's decision is for everyone's well-being. We never know Kyle may find himself a new mate and it would do him good to grow and mature more out there. He has spent the largest part of his life couped up in these mountains, in this small town. Even the years he lived in Alpha training camp were in isolation and with bare minimum contact.

Let him go, let him become more than he is." Max is 7th generation in the long line of Betas in the pack similar to Clark's own lineage. He had grown up alongside Clark and Emily and they may not be the best of friends since they had their own circles back then but the long years of living and training together have made them more than just friends or comrades, they are family. And soon his wife Isabella became part of this family as quickly as if sugar dissolving in milk.

Kyle and his sons grew together as the next generation of leaders and they may not have the strongest of bonds at the moment yet he had hoped the time will play its part to bring them closer as partners. His eldest son left the pack a couple of years back after he couldn't find his second mate and his youngest is shouldering the responsibilities while choking the neck of his own needs. Max could read his youngest one's mind. After all the trouble Derek had gone through to replace his brother the last thing he wanted was for the man he was to work and run the pack with to turn out to be an idiot and raze everything to the ground.

Emily unwillingly gave in after hearing Max and a little nudge from Clark. She is the mother of the entire pack and her position and duties don't allow her to show favouritism even to her own flesh and blood. She settles back in her seat and kept quiet after a simple nod.

"You guys know where Andrew went?" Derek who stood near the window keeping an eye on the pups playing/training in the backyard found the moment to voice his thought.

Clark gave the question a pause and muddled his words before speaking "Not really but I do have a faint inkling. I went through the pack records and as it turned out Andrew's mother was a human before she was turned. I knew his father from before and he didn't have any family but the human relatives from his mother's side could be a factor.

I have sent Rex to find out if Andrew had any contact with them in the past few years he lived here and if he did then we have our lead."

"But he is a rogue wolf now and no pack would tolerate an unregistered wolf in their territory living with humans. So, either he is in hiding or he has joined another pack." Derek said the doubts he had with the answer and if the latter is the case then it may turn out to be harder to find the whereabouts of Andrew. No pack is gonna allow outsiders to get info about its pack members and considering the possibility that if Andrew has joined a pack so quickly then he must have revealed the truth about his escape, which in turn makes him a special case and more secure than others.