3

Ye Ming's first day of his last year at No.1 High School was dull. Four weeks into the school year, and everything felt repetitive—a bland cycle of the same events. Nothing piqued his interest anymore.

Earlier, during lunch, he noticed Bai Yuer glaring at him. But Ye Ming, being Ye Ming, knew that engaging with her would only lead to unnecessary chaos. The moment he glanced at her, it wasn't because he was struck by her beauty—no, he could sense disaster brewing, as if he were gazing upon Medusa ready to unleash her wrath.

"Why is..."... she glaring at me? He wondered—still lying lazily on the cafeteria table.Muchen, who was busy dividing Ye Ming's food into manageable portions, glanced in the direction his young master was looking. Though Ye Ming rarely spoke, Muchen had grown accustomed to understanding his unspoken thoughts.

"Did you do something wrong to her?" Muchen asked, his confusion evident as he tilted his head slightly.

Ye Ming blinked twice, signaling a definitive "No." Muchen believed him without question.

"So, why does she keep glaring at you?" Muchen handed Ye Ming a spoonful of rice and meat. Without lifting his head, Ye Ming opened his mouth, uninterested in the answer himself.

Ye Ming shook his head slowly, as if the entire conversation was an unnecessary inconvenience. The first four hours of sleep he'd managed in class had been a blessing, interrupted only by Muchen waking him for lunch.

"Then I'll ask Mai Fang about it," Muchen said, trying to solve the mystery of Bai Yuer's glare.Before Ye Ming could respond, the cafeteria grew louder as a group of students walked in.It was Li Wei and his entourage.

The plot, Ye Ming realized, was moving much faster than he had anticipated. This scene—Li Wei's inevitable confrontation with Bai Yuer—was supposed to happen next week, after the transfer of the third male lead. Now, everything was falling apart too soon. 'Fuck, this is tiring,' Ye Ming thought, already exhausted at the prospect of dealing with it.

Li Wei, along with his sycophantic followers, was making his way towards Bai Yuer, who was chatting with her friends in the corner.

Muchen, ever the bodyguard, instinctively stood up to intervene, but Ye Ming's pale hand grabbed his sleeve.

"Don't interfere. That guy isn't just a student," Ye Ming said softly, a rare string of words escaping his lips.

Li Wei wasn't an ordinary high schooler. The author of the story had bestowed upon him every trait imaginable—silver hair, deep green eyes, a perfectly straight nose, naturally red-tinted lips, porcelain skin, and the wealth and power of a prestigious family. He was like an overpowered protagonist with a built-in harem, except he was chasing a real protagonist who just so happened to be poor.

Muchen looked down at Ye Ming, who had already returned to his cat-like state, chin resting on the table, eyes half-closed, and the faint sound of snoring starting to emerge.

"Uncle Mu... more rice and meat," Ye Ming mumbled between breaths.

Muchen sighed and sat back down. If Ye Ming said not to intervene, then he wouldn't.

Meanwhile, across the cafeteria, Li Wei was making his move, his eyes locked on Bai Yuer with a gaze that could only be described as predatory. His followers were causing a commotion, eager to see what he would do next.

"Bai Yuer, let's make this simple," Li Wei said, tilting his head and flashing a smug smile, hoping to charm the girl he had been relentlessly pursuing.

Bai Yuer, deep in conversation with her friends, looked up, annoyed by the interruption. She had already been dealing with Li Wei's nonsense for weeks. To her, he was nothing more than a spoiled brat who refused to take "no" for an answer.

--

Li Wei, on the other hand, couldn't comprehend rejection. He was used to people adoring him, thanks to his good looks, wealth, and status. And for him, Bai Yuer—despite her humble background—was a unique challenge. No girl had ever resisted him like this.

"Hey! Move your ass!" A frustrated voice cut through the commotion behind him.

Li Wei turned around, only to find himself face-to-face with the girl who had just berated him. Her long chestnut hair and amber eyes momentarily stunned him, but her attitude quickly broke the spell.

"Are you deaf? I said move! Ugh, this is so frustrating." The girl planted her hands on her hips, glaring at him.

Li Wei, completely unaccustomed to being spoken to like this, was too shocked to respond. No one had ever treated him with such disrespect.

The girl, exasperated by his inaction, rolled her eyes. "Hello! Would you mind sparing some space so the rest of us can get through?" she said, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

Li Wei stared at her, mesmerized, but also deeply offended. Everyone else at the school treated him like royalty, yet here was someone who wasn't afraid to talk down to him.

--

After asking around, he learned the girl's name: Bai Yuer. A fitting name for someone so beautiful yet so maddening.

Over the next three weeks, Li Wei had been stalking and harassing her, convinced that her fiery attitude masked feelings of attraction. But Bai Yuer was nothing but repulsed by him. Still, Li Wei found her resistance intoxicating. The more she rejected him, the more obsessed he became.

"Shut up, you psycho! Nothing good will come of you acting like this!" Bai Yuer snapped, cutting off Li Wei's daydreams.

"You just need to be my girlfriend... or maybe my wife," Li Wei replied, a twisted smile on his lips.Bai Yuer's face twisted in disgust. This was beyond inappropriate—it was repulsive. Li Wei wasn't just annoying; he was delusional. The very thought of being with him sent alarm bells ringing in her mind.

"You're seriously messed up. Go cry to your mommy or something—this is getting old," Bai Yuer said coldly, standing up and storming away.Li Wei, undeterred, watched her go with a crazed grin on his face. Her rejection only made him want her more. He had everything in life, and soon, he would have her too—even if it meant pushing her to the edge.