Chapter Nine

○●○ Lauren○●○

"So how did the date go?" I asked sitting beside her on the sofa.

"It was aight."

"Gurl please. You smiling and cheesin like that, something went down."

She laughed.

"He's nice."

"I know he is."

"You aint even met him."

"I havent but I can just feel it."

She gave me a side look.

"You might be right. Its kind of nice to chill with a regular guy instead of a thug. I mean his whole presence is like amazing."

"Really?"

"Yes, we actually had a grown up conversation. And what I mean is, he didnt start off by saying gurl how you get all that ass in them jeans, or some corny shit like did it hurt?"

"Did what hurt? When you fell from heaven?" Stacy and I said in unison.

We both started laughing.

"Exactly! When you ask a man what drew him to you, what does he say or how does he approach you?"

"Either your ass or you just so beautiful, and I couldnt let this chance go by without getting your number but if he a thug then it Damn ma what your name or Pssst..Aye gurl with them shorts on or they yell out your shirt color.. Aye blue shirt! ."

"Guess what he said."

"What?"

"It was my ambition and hunger for greatness.."

"Dammnnn!" I said "He smooth.."

"Yup."

"So what happened with OG, why you stopped by to see him?"

When I asked the question, Stacy's whole facial expression changed."

"Gurl.. you know my nights cant end good, its always some bs."

"Really?"

"Yes hunny, so when I get there Im like going off why the hell im here, your other bitch must turned you down.. blah blah blah."

"So you came in starting shit for nothing?"

"Yeah cause I thought he was goin be on some bs but he claim he just wanted to spend some time together. Anyway long story short, we argued and now he knows Im seeing somebody else."

"Wow.. does he know his name?"

"Naw, he doesnt know who he is, he just knows that its somebody."

"Dang Stacy."

"I know right."

"Just dont follow in my footsteps. If you dont want this one tell him before you move on with the other one."

"But you know whats even more terrifying.."

"What?"

Stacy stared at the wall for awhile before she spoke.

"The fact that he looked me in my eyes and said I love you to death.. but I wont watch you leave me unless its on my terms.."

I looked at Stacy..

"Wow.. Im like speechless right now.. what did you say to him?"

"I told him that Im not one of his hoes and he dont put an ounce of fear in me but at that very moment even as we gave eachother a heated gaze, I still didnt process how serious it was until now.."