Chapter Nineteen

○●Stacy○●

I walked up the stairs behind Lauren as she showed me where the rags and towels were.

"You can have your choice of the rooms.. whatever makes you comfortable." Lauren said to me.

"If Evan staying over I'll take the room farthest from yall."

She laughed.

"Whatever gurl, Im just glad you here. Too bad your first night in my new house comes with a bad situation."

"I know right."

"Let me let you go base."

"Aight. Dont be nasty nah."

"Gurl!!"

We laughed.

I chose the room I wanted. Which was like I said.. away from them. I walked in the room and sat on the bed. My phone began to vibrate beside me and I just looked at it. I wasnt sure who was on the other end so I was kind of unsure if I should pick up.

I picked up the phone and was relieved when I saw Cedric's name.

"Hello?"

"Hey beautiful."

"Hey Cedric."

"Whats up? You dont sound like yourself."

"Its just a lot."

"This is the second time you've said that to me."

"I know but its the truth."

"Talk to me baby."

"Well.." I said with a long sigh.

I started telling Cedric about everything that happened when I left his house earlier.

"Damn gurl, you've had a hell of a day."

"Yup."

"You think he gone keep his word?"

"What you mean?"

"Usually when somebody say this aint over it means they gone seek revenge."

"You never know what to expect with him."

"Well let me ask you this.. why you never went over his head."

"I dont know.. I just.. I guess I never thought that this would happen. Usually we argue oneday and be fine the next but this is some major shit."

"You mustve missed the signals.. If a person is crazy.. they usually show it."

"Love is blind.."

"You right.."

"Yea..There was a lot of signals I missed when we were together.. a lot of shit I let slide too.. if I could change anything.. I wouldnt have put up with all the lies, the cheating, the neglect.. I really think the drugs are the reason why he acts the way he do today."

"The nigga still do drugs?"

"Often times yea.. he gets them from some guys on the street.. just stocking the shit up in his house."

"Wow."

"Yup.. I use to go pick up a few bags and cases for him a few times. Its probably half my fault for doing the shit. I mean we were young and dumb.. young people try all kind of shit.."

"Thats so true man.."

"Im guilty of trying a few things myself.. a little coke here and there, some X.."

"I wouldnt have guessed."

"Good. It was one time together and Im so glad I didnt get hooked."

"Im glad too."

"Im sorry to be drowning you in all of my problems and back stories tonight."

"You good bae.. I told you Im a good listener."

"And you are. You just dont know how bad I wish you were here right now."

"I know.. but if I was there you wouldnt be able to get any sleep and after a day like the one you had.. thats exactly what you need."

"Youre right.. Im so glad I stopped and gave you a chance at that gas station."

"Me too.."

"Goodnight Cedric."

"Goodnight beautiful."

I hung up.

I smiled at the thought of Cedric.

He was all I was going to be thinking about as I took a long hot bath and retired to my bed.