Chapter Twenty One

○●○Lauren○●○

I woke the next morning to the smell of something wonderful. I scretched out in the bed and realized Evan wasnt there. I rose up, looking around the room before I went to the bathroom to do my usual morning rituals.

When I was done I walked out, following the trail of something delishis. I met Stacy as she came down the stairs and we just looked at eachother.

"I know damn well Evan aint in this kitchen." Stacy said.

We walked through the living room and head to the kitchen. When we walked in we saw these black plates with pancakes, eggs, and hashbrowns.

"Man I thought you were cooking. You took the easy way out." Stacy said.

"Im glad to see you bouncing back and naw.. I was out and decided to get sum to eat."

We sat down at the table.

"Aint gone lie, this mickey d's look just as good as it smells." I added.

"It does. I should have known Evan wasnt cooking."

"Just cause I aint slangin them pots for you dont mean I cant cook."

"Alright Evan, dont get hostile." Stacy joked.

"What were you out so early for?" I asked Evan as I bit a piece of my hashbrown.

"Go look outside."

Stacy and I looked at eachother.

We got up and looked out door..

"What the hell Evan!" Stacy yelled.

We walked out to the driveway to get a better look.

"You like? Its fresh off the line." He said to the both of us.

Evan had went and got a 2015 all white mustang.

"How the hell did you get this?" Stacy asked.

"Dont worry about that, its legit. Now I aint got to ask you for yo shit." He said as he teased her.

"I hope its legit."

"You wanted me to get a job and I got one. Now who wants a ride?"

"Hell I do and I want to drive.. right afta I eat." Stacy said as we headed back in the house.

Stacy and I went into the kitchen to finish our food. Evan grabed his drink off the table and walked into the living room.

"Dont tell me yall got to get all jazzed up to just ride around." Evan said as he flipped the tv.

"Thats what we do." Stacy said.

"I know thats right, we cant be caught looking a mess."

"Never that! We got to make these hoes jealous!" Stacy said.

"Amen! Hair done, nails done and face beat for the gawds hunty!! yasss!" I said in my best Nene Leaks voice.

We bust out laughing.

Stacy and I started having a conversation of our own about watching the new episode of Atlanta Housewives when he heard Evan from the living room..

"Oh shit!"

Stacy and I turned our attention to the the tv.

Our mouths dropped and we froze in place as we watched the channel 5 news...

Evan turned up the volume.

《《Breaking News》》

This morning, the police made an arrest of a man by the name of Omar Georgio Harris. Mr. Harris was arrested during a search and seizure. He has been in custody since late last night. The charges against Mr.Harris has yet to be revealed. We will continue to keep you updated on any information that becomes available.

Thats all for now.. Im Julianna Sears.. Back to you Danny.

We stared at the tv..

I turned and looked at Stacy.

"You didnt.."

She shook her head.

"Nope."

Evan's phone began to ring in his pocket. He pulled it out and answered it.

Stacy looked at me.

"Hello?"

"Yeah."

"Right now?"

"Aight."

"Aight."

He hung up.

"We gone have to take a raincheck on that ride ladies." He said as he got up off the sofa.

"Where you going?" I asked.

"I gotta handle some business."

"Where did you get that phone from?" Stacy questioned.

"Whats up with all the questions? You two just be ready when I get back."

Stacy and I looked at each other.

Evan walked to the back to go use the bathroom, leaving Stacy and I alone.

"He aint slick.."

"What you talking bout Stacy?" I asked a little worried.

She got quiet as Evan walked back in and grabbed his keys, heading out the door.

"C'mon gurl get dressed."

"Huh?"

"Bring your ass Lauren." Stacy said as she ran up the stairs. I was lost but I was on her heels as I followed her..