Chapter Twenty Five

I sat in the waiting room shaking nervously.. waiting for any news from the doctor.

"Its okay Lauren.." Rico said.

He came and sat beside me, wrapping his arms around me in an effort to give me comfort. I laid my head in his shoulders crying my heart out as he rocked me. I didnt say anything I just cried. I felt Rico lay his head against mine as he whispered to me.

"Its aight.."

"Excuse me.. Ms. Newsome?" I raised my head up from Rico's embrace and saw that it was the doctor.

I wiped my tears from my face.

"Yes, How is she Doctor.?"

"Well Ms. Newsome.. the good news is, we were able to save Ms. Tanning and we managed to stop the bleeding but the bad news is that the bullet pierced one of her kidneys and its failing.."

"Cant you fix it?"

"Unfortunately, we cant.. she would have to be put on a waiting list.."

"How long does that take."

"People have been on that list for a maximum of four or more years.. but Im afraid if Ms. Tanning doesnt get that kidney soon.. she wont make it.."

My head dropped in shock..

"She can have one of mine.." I said.

"Are you sure about this Mrs. Newsome.. This is a risky procedure.. for all we know both of you could lose your life on that table.. Its a 50/50 chance."

"I dont care.. that is my best friend in there lying in that bed. We've been through hell and high waters together and I know if it was me in there.. she would do the same thing."

Doctor Bailey nodded.

"Alright. Come with me.."

I gave Rico a hug and thanked him for all he'd done before I followed the doctor to the back.

I went to the desk and signed a few papers before I was preped for surgery.

They rolled me into the surgery room and placed my bed beside Stacy's.. I looked over at her with all the tubes coming from her body and the tears started to form in my eyes..

I could feel the medicine kicking in as my eyes started to get heavy. The last thing I remember before I dosed off was me praying for God to let us make it through this..

○●○6 Hours After Surgery○●○

My eyes slowly opened and I noticed I was in a room.. I looked over and saw the nurse..

"Excuse me..where is the doctor?"

"He'll be right in honey. Just relax." She said as she left the room.

I layed my head back on the pillow but rose back up again to check my stomach. There was no scar..

I was confused.

The Doctor walked in and I looked up.

"Good to see you awake Ms. Newsome."

"I dont have a scar.. you didnt give her my kidney?"

"No."

"Why? She's going to die."

He shook his head.

"Not quite. We didnt need your kidney Ms.Newsome. You see just when he were about to operate, we got a call about a blood bathe up the highway.."

I had the look of I dont know shit on my face.