Chapter One

I stood in the living room of my new four bedroom home. After everything that happened in the other house, I couldnt continue to live there. Like I told Marcus at the Jail, I needed time to find myself and in that time, I found me a new place to reside. A four bedroom with a big ass yard. I didnt want to be reminded of my mistakes everytime I walked into the living room. It was like a movie in my mind that was stuck on repeat.

While we're on the subject of Marcus, he still plays an active role in my heart as well as Leona's. He calls almost every chance he gets. We're not together but we are still close. I guess we decided to just let it all go.

I was sitting down on the couch to watch my baby girl play with her toys on the floor when  Stacy walked in.

"Lauren, what the hell you doin bitch!?"

"Stacy what I told yo big head ass about that cursing around my baby."

She covered her mouth as she gasped looking down at Leona as she looked up at her.

"Gurl my bad I be forgetting about gangster Lee-Lee"

"Ion know why you be callin her that."

I said as I laughed at Stacy.

She sat down on the arm of the sofa as she talked.

"What yall doing today, Im bored."

"Probably nun,chillin in the house."

"You been staying in this damn house ever since you moved in here. You need to get out gurl. Get some fresh air."

"I got a big ass back yard for that. You bored why dont you and Evan hang out."

"Gurl I been around him all day and that is enough. A girl can only take so much."

I laughed.

"Where is he anyway?"

"I was waiting on you to ask."

"Very funny Stace."

"He outside on the phone."

"Oh.." I said like I didnt care.

Stacy sucked her teeth before she got up from the sofa and picked up Leona to go to the back yard.

"You know you wanna talk to him." She turned to Leona in her arms and started talking to her. "C'mon auntie baby lets give mommy and Evan some privacy."

I watched them go out the sliding door before I got up off the sofa. I walked to the front door, took a deep breath and opened it. I looked out in the driveway and Evan was posted up on Stacy's car. I crossed my arms as I slowly walked toward him. I could tell he was on the phone as I approached. I stopped about five feet away from him. I didnt say anything I just watched him as he talked on the phone.

I looked him up and down. He stood there in a black whitebeater with a gold chain hanging from his neck. He had some white levis and a pair of  lebrons laced his feet.

"Yeah, Yeah.. I know that man.. Look, let me hit you back later on .. I got some business to handle."

He hung up his phone.

"Evan.. Long time no see.."

He turned toward me.

"It has been a long time."

"For one I just want to say how happy I am to see you standing in front of me."

"I appreciate the love Lauren but I really couldve used you when I went through all that damn theropy and shit. I tell you one thing, you got a pretty good aim."

He pulled up his shirt to show me the spot where the bullet wounds had healed.

"I know I was wrong for not being there but..wait a minute.. what did you just say?"

"I knew you were the one that shot me. Thats why I went and gave that statment for Marcus."

"I.umm .. I'm sorry Evan.. It was just .."

"You dont have to explain yourself Lauren, I understand the reason behind it all."

My head dropped as the memory came rushing back to me.

Evan walked over to me as he lifted my head.

"Dont worry about it, whats done is done. how bout we go inside so we can catch up."

He grabed my hand as we walked inside the house.

We sat down on the couch as we started talking.

"So what been going on with you lately?" I began.

"Well, I have stepped my shit up, you know, I got this new job in this business firm, nothing major. I just found a new crib but Im still looking into it, ya feel me."

"Thats good Evan! You moving on up huh?"

"Yup yup."

We laughed.