Chapter Sixteen

I pulled up to the address that Dro sent earlier. I was about fifteen minutes early but I didnt care. I just had to get away from that house for awhile. I sat in the car with my head leaned back waiting for four o'clock to roll around.

I closed my eyes for awhile trying my best to calm down the best I could. I wanted to slap the shit out of Stacy for letting shit go this far but I couldnt. I was just glad I pulled up when I did tho.

The sound of a knock on the passenger window snapped me out of my thoughts.

I looked over and unlocked the door.

"What up man." Rico said as he hopped in.

"A whole lot of shit."

"Damn man, what the hell happened?" he said.

I looked up in the rearview mirror and saw that my jaw had a noticable bruise on it.

"Shit." I said.

I had felt the pounding of my jaw as I rode over here but I thought the shit wasnt going to show until after I left. I felt the pain a little bit under my eye and I was praying the shit wasnt gone turn like my jaw did.

"Who the hell hit you man?"

"My sister's ex ."

"Damn.. She aight?"

"Yea man, this shit is nothing for me but if it was her face all fucked up and turning green and purple.. I wouldnt be sitting here right now."

"I feel ya.."

"Anyways, why you didnt hit me up for a ride?"

"I dont like worring people man."

"Fuck that, if you need a ride nigga just let me know."

"I gotcha man."

I checked the time on my phone.

"You ready for this shit man?"

"As ready as I can be."

We got out the car and walked up to the front door and knocked.

The door crept opened and we walked in.

Two guys in black excorted us down the hallway to a flight of stairs that led to the basement. We walked down and all the heads in the room turned to look at us.

"There they are." Dro walked over to us with a cuban cigar dangaling from his lips.

He gave dap to Rico first and then me.

"Aye man what the hell happened?" he asked

"Pussy problems man."

"My man got these hoes on him!" Dro yelled to everybody.

I nodded.

"You gotta control them bitches man."

Dro walked over to the middle of the crowd and spoke.

"Aight mutherfuckers, settle the fuck down!"

Silence crept over the room as Dro spoke.

"We got two new members in the Empire! So introduce yourselfs."

Rico and I looked at each other. I decided to go first.

"Wassup, Im Evan." I said to the crowd.

Rico stood beside me as he introduced himself.

"Rico."

"Short and sweet.. Aight.." Dro began but was cut off my his cell phone.

He raised one hand up to the crowd and they shut the hell up.