SET 2: Chaeyoung x M Reader- [Stay By My Side]

"Maam, we're now here.", the driver said after slowly driving toward the front of a very large mansion after entering through the gates.

The woman behind him who is sitting in the passengers seat, heard him. She slowly removed her back from leaning and reached for her bag to grab.

The driver stopped the car and went oitside first to open the door for her boss. The long blonde haired woman stepped outside and then walked through in front of a door where a familiar figure is standing, crossing his arms out.

"Let me guess, bad day?", her brother Jeonghoon said, tracing her from head to foe but he focused most on her sister's face.

"Did it ever changed whenever I come here?", her sister raised her eyebrow.

" That confirms it.", then Seunghoon released a sigh. "Cmon inside, the dinner's already set.", he signalled his sister to enter the house and the older immeditiately followed.

While walking, she caught the glimpse already of her parents preparing the table for dinner. "Evening, mom and dad."

"Good evening too my dear baby beast.", then she pulled her for a peck to the cheeks.

"When will you guys listen that I'm not a baby anymore?", she said after groaning in annoyance.

"You still is and always will be to us, daughter.", her father just chuckled. All four of them took a seat around the table and they started to place some food on their plates.

As they're finished, Mr. Son started some topic to talk about.

"How's the company?"

"Still the same. Being surrounded by a bunch of pathetic people.", she said unenergetically while stabbing the beef with her fork.

"For how many times I told you this, they're doing their best, Chaeyoung. Ofcourse, it's normal for them to fail, everyone has their own limits.", Mrs. Son reminded.

" Well, I can't see it.", Chaeyoung just shrugged.

"Because you definitely rely on your high standards.", Mrs. Son side-eyed Chaeyoung. "I suggest you set it down, daughter.

"I appreciate the advice mom, but no thanks.", Chaeyoung finally raised her head and turned her eyes at her mother with a small smile. "They won't gonna improve if I will be like that.", she shook her head.

"Then atleast don't be too tough for them.", Mrs. Son said in concern not just for her but the employees too.

"So back from what even made my day worse...", she said, ignoring her mother and moving on to her story today. "...is that my "former" secretary. Yes, "former" who is living to her idiot self, messed up again."

"Again? Wait, you fired Ms. Bae?", her father looked at him in shock, eyebrows nearly meeting at each other.

"I just gave her a lesson, since I'm at my limit... I did what I had to do.", Chaeyoung said that in a proud tone, but also with a mix of frustration at what her secretary just did a while ago.

"Jesus, Chaeyoung that was like... the 4th secretary you had.", Mr. Son exclaimed in disbelief. "So, you're gonna find again?"

"As much as I want not to anymore, I don't have a choice but to have someone who will serve me again.", then she scooped another rice in her spoon.

"Oh, so that means you have a vacant position in our company."

"A cursed one.", Chaeyoung said after taking a spoonful in her mouth. "It's their choice. To work for a witch like me."