•19•grief•

•Taylor•

Kayden died...

I remember what it's like losing someone close to me, I've been through it many times.

I was never close to her brother but he was her only family who she no longer has now.

The feeling is numb to me anymore.

But Rylee is so broken and shattered right now, it's like touching lava when I try to comfort her.

She's been laying in my bed for the last several days and his funeral was yesterday.

His final wishes was to be buried here in New York City where their dream came true.

I wanted to respect her wishes and leave her alone but it's killing me not being able to be there for my own girlfriend.

"Hey, I made coffee. Here you go."

Mary handed me the mug made with warm fresh coffee, straight black, how I like it and I smiled lightly taking a sip.

"Do you think Rylee would take some?"

I exhaled, "You can try. If Manny nor Kai can break her out of it. Coffee might not either."

"What about you?"

Watching Rylee cry and scream herself to sleep taunts me.

So I haven't tried.

"Don't you think your comfort would mean everything to her?"

"I guess you're right. I should try at least. I just hate seeing her in this state."

Mary handed me the other mug and I smiled taking it, "Go. I'll clean this up. You have your appointment later. The cast comes off today."

"I know. I'll get ready soon."

She nods and I grabbed my mug as well walking across the house to my bedroom where I find Rylee crying.

"Baby?"

I set the mugs on my nightstand and she just sobbed.

"Hey?"

No response as expected.

So instead of trying to talk to her, I climbed in the bed with her wrapping my arms around her body, pulling her close to me.

Rylee tried to fight me off but she was took weak to even attempt so she just laid there, giving up.

"Talk to me, please?"

She was facing the closet and held the blankets over her head so I grabbed them pulling them away and she lets me.

"Look at me, please?"

Rylee turned over facing me and she looked like a mess...broken soul yet my beautiful mess.

"I'm so sorry about Kayden. It hurts, I understand it hurts. You will grow strong from this. I just know you will."

"I lost my family. My brother. He's gone, Taylor!"

I shook my head, "I'm trying to comfort you. Why won't you let me?!"

"Because it hurts like a bitch. He's gone and I didn't even get to say goodbye. He was all I had left of my family."

My heart vanished at those words.

"Rylee, you will grieve and hurt from this but he's watching over you now. He's going be with you every step of the way. In every decision, movement you make, he's going to be there."

She looked at me sobbing, "I just want the pain to stop, Taylor. Make it stop," she begged me.

I laid on the pillow and I carefully pulled her in my arms holding her there with my arms around her body carefully.