•20•whiskey•

•Taylor•

It's been several weeks now.

No sight of Rylee, the girl who made me laugh, cry, smile, my happiness.

She's just gone.

Because I'm the reason her brother is dead and out of her life.

So I sit at the bar, I lost count on how many times this week, drinking how many ever beers, the shots of vodka, whiskey neats.

"Don't you think you've had enough, Mr.Romano?"

"Nope. Until this fuels my numbness, I'll be okay."

The bartender shook his head and walked away drying the glass in his hands.

Everywhere I looked, I thought it was Rylee.

But it wasn't.

She's not here with me anymore.

When I downed my whiskey, the liquid burned my throat filling my emotions more than I can fill them with something decent.

I felt a presence of a person sitting beside me and they touched my arm, "Adrian."

Kate...

My eyes rolled and I felt too drunk to deal with her ass.

"The bartender called me."

I looked at him and he shrugged, "You could have called anyone on that list. You call my baby mama? My cheating ex?!"

Kate rolled her eyes and looked at me disgusted, "You're drunk off your ass. You have a daughter, Adrian. Grow up. That girl you're moping over, she doesn't care or she would be here."

Kate grabbed my arm and I shoved her off, "Don't fucking touch me. You don't even understand what's even going on."

"It's been weeks, Adrian. Get over yourself. She's a little girl who has probably screwed many guys since she broke up with your sorry ass."

I grabbed my beer finishing it off in no problem.

"Whatever."

She got up and left like she always did to me. That's why I don't trust her and choose not to.

I sit here and the bar was now growing empty and the time was past midnight.

"I'm looking for Taylor? I just got a call about him being here?"

"Over there."

The presence of another sits next to me tapping their nails on the counter.

I looked over and it was Rylee.

"Mia?"

That sobered me up really quick.

The bartender gave me a thumbs up and I rolled my eyes.

"You have serious problem calling my exes."

"Thanks, asshat," Rylee says sternly.

"I deserve it. After what I put you through."

She shook her head grabbing the beer bottle from my hand and the bartender gave her my phone and my keys.

"Thank you again. I'm so sorry about him."

He shook his head nodding off like it wasn't an issue. I most definitely was an issue.

Rylee, as small as she is, grabbed me by the arm and pulled me out of the seat, dragging me out of the bar.

"Why did you come?"

She ignored my question and we reached my car when she unlocked it, "Taylor. Come on, you're heavy."