•30•august•

•Rylee•

Five Months Later...

Today I decided I wanted to take a break from life for a little while.

The sky was glistening bright blue on this August summer day as the sun beamed down warming the temperature.

Here, I sat in front of Kayden's headstone in the graveyard, sitting in front of it talking to him.

"I miss you, ya know? I need your advice so bad right now. Life has been chaotic and crazy."

It was quiet all around us and it was peaceful.

"Life with Taylor has been amazing. I love him, he's been my rock through everything."

My hand touched the dark granite headstone with Kayden's name carved into the flat shiny surface.

"Life, it's beyond words and he makes me feel like life is worth something. He makes me feel good and beautiful."

I look at the headstone in front of me, gazing at every detail, every weathered crack that started to grow.

"Marriage seems so...perfect with him...what do you think, Kay? He's the one..."

Kayden rests in this spot alone while my parents and little sister were in Florida. He wanted to be rested here and I would be next to him.

"Right?"

I smiled wiping my cheeks as tears fell slowly, "I love you, Bubu. I miss you and I can't wait to see you and everyone else again."

I stood up from where I was sitting, grabbing the flowers I had next to me in a bouquet. After unwrapping the plastic, I placed them in the vases for him.

"See you soon, Kayden."

I walked back to my car, opening the driver side door, climbing into the seat.

....

"Next!"

I stood in line as I waited to order my coffee. Soon, I felt arms around my waist and a familiar aroma filled my nostrils causing me to lean back into his arms.

Then I heard his whispers in my ear, "Hey, Gorgeous."

"Hi."

I felt his lips on my temple softly, "I figured you would be here. I tried to message you but you never answered so I checked here."

"Sorry. I went to see Kayden and then came here right after."

"No need to explain, Baby. I understand. I just wanted to make sure you were safe. And okay."

"Next," the girl yelled behind the counter.

Taylor's phone began to go off reading Zara across the screen...his new assistant.

He rolled his eyes and he shoved his phone away in his front pockets.

"What can I get for you today?"

"Whatever she wants. I'm okay."

I smiled, "I want a caramel macchiato. Extra caramel."

After she rings my order, Taylor payed for me although I begged him not to.

"Okay. Fine. But I'm getting dinner tonight."

He looked at me, "Nice try. You're not doing that."

We walked outside of the coffee shop and Taylor looked at me grinning, "You're beautiful, you know that?"

"You remind me everyday."

He chuckled causing my cheeks to grow warm.

"I want to show you something."