𝟶𝟷𝟹

✿.。.:*:.。.✿

'𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚝𝚞𝚋'

     ELEVEN STARED AT CARRIE AS the redhead ran a washcloth under cold water. She couldn't comprehend how Carrie was still her friend even after what she had told her.

She watched as Carrie turned off the water and turned to her. She felt Carrie's breath on her face as she leaned in closer. The cold touch of the washcloth snapped El out of her daze.

"Sorry," Carrie sheepishly apologized before wiping off the blood under the brunette's nose. She ran the rag under the water again before turning around and cleaning off the dirt. She stepped back and grinned. "There. Good as new."

El ignored what the girl had said and stared at herself in the mirror. Her wig had fallen off on her excursion, exposing her shaved head. Carrie noticed the frown on El's pink lips. She wrapped her arm around her shoulder, resting her head against El's.

"You don't need it, y'know."

El glanced over at her, frowning. "Still pretty?" Carrie nodded her head and smiled.

"Very pretty." The two girls stared at each other for a moment before Mike bursted the door open.

"It's Lucas," he panted, "we think he's in trouble." El's eyes widened as Carrie hurriedly followed Mike over towards the walkie-talkie. "Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?"

"Yeah," Carrie responded, staring down at the device in Dustin's hands.

"What if he found it?" the Wheeler boy suggested. Lucas' shouts were still indistinct, and Carrie grabbed the supercomm from Dustin. She held it up to her ear with furrowed brows, glancing over at him.

"What's he saying?" she asked.

"I don't know, he's way out of range," informed Dustin with a sigh of annoyance.

"... son of a bitch! " they heard Lucas shout.

"Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down," ordered Mike as he spoke into the supercomm. "We can't understand you."

"Yes, I copy! Do you? They know about Eleven! Get out of there! They know about her! " he shouted as he peddled through the streets. "The bad men are coming! All of them! Do you hear me? The bad men are coming! "