𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

✿.。.:*:.。.✿

     WHITE NOISE RUNG IN CARRIE'S eardrums as she waited in the hospital for Will to wake up. Hopper and Joyce had found him in the Upside Down, barely alive. Flashbacks of Eleven announcing her sister's death and watching the girl disappear right before her eyes played on repeat. Her thoughts were plaguing her.

After El vanished with the Demogorgon, Carrie tried to find her. She screamed out the brunette's name until her throat was raw and she could no longer stand. She collapsed onto the ground and sobbed for Eleven. For Barb.

When her parents arrived at the school, Carrie unleashed her emotions in her parents' arms. She couldn't say a word to them about Barbara, however. She wouldn't be able to explain how her older sister died or how she found out.

Carrie gripped on tighter to her parents as she thought about the men from the lab that were murdered in front of her. She watched her newest best friend die. She learned from a young age that life was brutal and unforgiving. Life was too short for the morally right.

Carrie sucked in a breath as she briefly shook her negative thoughts away. She nervously glanced over at Mike who was bouncing his knee anxiously. He saw her head move out of the corner of his peripheral and turned to look at her. Carrie blushed and moved her gaze to her lap, frowning deeply.

Before Mike could say anything, Jonathan had opened the door to the waiting room. Mike had sat up slightly, eager to hear any news about their friend. He nodded his head at the two kids that were awake.

Mike quickly walked over towards the door as Carrie started shaking the other two awake. Lucas had shoved Dustin off of him after he woke up. The other three soon pushed past Jonathan and ran towards Will's room.

Mike quickly opened the door and let out a huge grin at the sight of Will. He ran over to him as the other three soon appeared.

"Byers!" Lucas shouted as Mike tackled Will for a hug followed soon by the Sinclair boy. For a moment, Carrie was genuinely smiling at the sight of her friend being okay.

"Be careful," warned Joyce as she watched them nearly jump on top of the poor boy. "Be careful with him."

"Move," Dustin ordered, pulling Mike and Lucas away from Will so he could have a turn hugging him. Carrie waited for her turn before hugging him last.