𝟶𝟶𝟿

✿.。.:*:.。.✿

'𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚕𝚎𝚊 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚊𝚝'

     THE KIDS ARRIVED BACK AT Mike's house, and Eleven was still exhausted from contacting Will. After the boys helped her off of Carrie's bike and into the house, Eleven was laid down on the couch. Her head was in the Holland girl's lap, who was softly stroking Eleven's cheek to comfort her instead of her head because she was still wearing the wig.

Mike sat in the chair next to the couch. His eyebrows were furrowed as he thought back to what Will was saying. The wheels in his brain turned, deciphering what his friend was saying. He glanced over at Carrie before looking over at Dustin who was sitting on the stairs while Lucas sat across from Mike in another chair.

"What was Will saying? Like home... Like home... but dark?" He stood up and walked over towards the boys.

"And empty," Carrie added, looking up from the fake-blonde.

"Empty and cold," Dustin said before he quickly asked Lucas, "Wait, did he say cold?"

"I don't know," he groaned. "The stupid radio kept going in and out." Dustin let out a sigh as he looked up at the ceiling.

"It's like riddles in the dark," he commented. Mike paced back and forth while Carrie stared at him. She removed her hand from El's cheek and placed it on the girl's shoulder. Eleven frowned but didn't say anything.

"Like home. Like his house?" Mike asked as he turned around to face the others.

"Or maybe like Hawkins," suggested Lucas, smiling as he pointed his finger in Mike's direction.

"Upside down," mumbled El from Carrie's lap. The redhead looked down as Lucas glanced over at the two, furrowing his eyebrows at Eleven.

"What did she say?" he asked the others.

"Upside down," repeated Carrie, moving her gaze from the girl in her lap to the boys. The wheels in Mike's head turned as he remembered back to the previous night when Eleven had flipped the Dungeon and Dragons board over.

"What?"

"Upside down." Mike walked over to the table with the game board as he continued, "When El showed us where Will was, she flipped the board over, remember?" The other two boys walked over towards Mike as he flipped it from the black side, to the regular side, before flipping it over again. "Upside down. Dark. Empty." Lucas looked to Dustin who was equally as confused as him.