𝟶𝟷𝟸

✿.。.:*:.。.✿

     DUSTIN AND MIKE HAD EVENTUALLY found Carrie while on their journey to find Eleven. She was outside of a grocery store that had been stolen from earlier that day. The glass on the doors had been shut, and the employee kept rambling about a young girl with buzzed hair.

Carrie's long red hair blew in the wind, attracting the boys. There weren't many red-haired people in Hawkins that were short and rode a bike with a basket.

The three of them figured their new friend was hungry and had decided to stop to get something to eat.

Carrie had calmed down slightly from their conversation with Lucas. She had stopped crying but she was still upset that she had caused a huge rift in their friendship. She felt awful about it, but Eleven was special and important to the Holland girl.

The trio continued their journey to search for Eleven. They had no idea where they were going but they wanted to search the entirety of their town to find her.

They were walking through the woods, pushing their bikes along. Sticks were broken from afar, and Carrie and Mike's attention snapped in the direction of the sound.

Mike turned to the others and asked, "Hey, stop. Did you hear that?"

"What?" They stopped walking their bikes and waited for the sound to come again. Mike called out El's name twice more before there were more rustled branches and leaves. But instead of the young girl they were searching for, two familiar faces appeared.

Troy and James were walking up the hill towards the group with scowls on their faces. Dustin was quick to drop his bike and run away from the two, screaming at the others to run. Carrie was the first to react to Dustin's shouts; Mike followed close behind her.

"You're dead, Wheeler!" shouted Troy.

The boys and Carrie continued running, even after they made it out of the woods. The dirt slowly turned to gravel as they neared the quarry. They turned with the curve of the road before Dustin let out a shout.

"Cramp!" he groaned as he slowed down. Troy was gaining on the curly-haired boy with his brandished weapon, but James was nowhere to be seen. Mike encouraged Dustin to keep running. However, he and Carrie came to a sudden halt when they saw James appear in front of them. "Shit!"