𝟶𝟶𝟾

✿.。.:*:.。.✿

     THE DOORS OF THE GYM swung open, attracting attention from both students and faculty members. The principal stopped his speech as everyone turned to look at who opened the door. Dustin automatically felt uncomfortable with the eyes of everyone on them.

Carrie let out a shaky breath and took a step closer to Mike when some people gave them sympathetic looks. She knew that they were looking at them with sympathy because of the recent news about Will's death, but she couldn't help but think of how people would look at her—or treat her—once the news about Barb started spreading.

"Abort," Dustin whispered before he grabbed onto Carrie's arm and tried to run out of the gym. Lucas grabbed their shoulders and forcefully turned them around before shoving them forward. The group managed to find seats that were near each other and sat down as the principal resumed his speech.

"Will Byers' death is an unimaginable tragedy," he spoke. "Will was an exceptional student and a wonderful friend to all of us. It's impossible to express the hole his loss will leave in our community. I'd like to introduce Sandy Sloane."

While the principal continued speaking, the boys and Carrie were looking around at the other students. There were many faces that were sad from the passing of Will, and others just looked bored. The youngest Holland glared at the people in the gymnasium who didn't care. Someone their age had died, and they brushed it aside like it was an event that happened every day.

"But before she comes up here, I just want those of you who are having trouble dealing with this tragic loss—"

"Look at all these fakers," Mike whispered to Carrie and Lucas. The two of them turned to look at the Wheeler boy, ignoring the rest of the principal's speech.

"They probably didn't even know his name till today," commented Lucas as he glanced around at the other students. Chuckles were heard from their right, and the group turned their heads and saw Troy and James. Carrie's eyes narrowed at the boys as her blood boiled, imagining their heads exploding from her rage.

"Who is interested in this? This is so stupid?" Troy tried to whisper, but his obnoxious voice was heard by the surrounding students. Troy mocked the principal as James let out several chuckles, "Oh, he was such a good student. Oh, he's going to leave a hole in the community."