Ch-24

Yun Qingci went directly to bed.

He had always been pampered and spoiled, and his body had its own timetable. Even when he was thrown to the Cold Palace later, he would fall asleep on time as long as his basic food and clothing needs were guaranteed.

The only time when he had trouble sleeping was in the days before he jumped off the tower. Yinxi was strangled in front of him and he looked for Jin Huan everywhere and couldn't find him. Only when he rummaged through the cabinets, searching for warm clothes, did he see Jin Huan there, with his bones broken, stuffed into a box almost too small to hold an adult body.

Stuffed to death.

At that moment, Yun Qingci knew that he could not live anymore.

He gradually understood that all this was probably tacitly approved by Li Ying.

Perhaps Li Ying didn't want to kill him personally because of their past affection and let him be bullied by those people who might be humans or might be ghosts.

He only knew that Yinxi was killed by Zhou Zhao, but he didn't know who killed Jin Huan in such a way.

Maybe it was Concubine Ning, maybe it was someone else who had a grudge against him.

It didn't matter. Li Ying was accountable for everything.

Li Ying's movements were very light, but the sound of water still reached his ears. Yun Qingci closed his eyes for a moment, and even though he told himself that Li Ying was not the Li Ying of the previous life, it still made him unhappy to be disturbed when he was already falling asleep.

"Don't make sounds."

He deliberately embarrassed Li Ying.

He didn't know how Li Ying kept washing, but from then on, everything fell silent. Yun Qingci didn't have time to think why Li Ying was so obedient as he fell asleep contentedly thanks to Li Ying's cooperation.

Li Ying put on his clothes, and Liu Ziru came to him with light steps: "Your Majesty, drink this bowl of warm soup first, lest Lord Empress worries."

Yun Qingci wasn't worried about him at all.

Li Ying took it and drank it all. After rinsing his mouth with fragrant tea, he took a handkerchief and wiped his lips.

Liu Ziru left quietly with the tray in his hands.

Yun Qingci's bed curtains were not closed. Li Ying went over and replaced the lampshade with a night-use one. The room became dim. He walked all the way to Yun Qingci's bed and lowered the curtain.

The phoenix bed was very wide. Yun Qingci only occupied a quarter of it, leaving a large space, enough to accommodate another person.

But Li Ying didn't lie down.

Now, he finally had to face the fact that Yun Qingci didn't love him anymore.

He could no longer think it is a matter of course to come to his palace, lie beside him, and do the things done between lovers.

He couldn't even match any behavior to make an evaluation.

Yun Qingci woke up in the middle of the night.

He faintly heard a soft whispering, as if someone was calling his name. Yun Qingci pricked up his ears and sat up slowly. The bed curtain almost completely isolated the dim light. He took out his night pearl from the black cloth bag beside his pillow, and stretched out his hand to open the bed curtain.

Li Ying had fallen asleep on the couch beside his bed. His forehead and neck was covered with cold sweat, while his face was pale as a ghost's in the light of the night pearl.