Ch-48

Li Ying bathed without anyone serving him.

In fact, since he kicked Yun Qingci out back then and picked him up again, he didn't let anyone serve him.

It was to the extent such that he would be left to sit alone after the attendants had brought in the hot water and there would not be even a single maidservant or eunuch in the entire Chaoyang Palace.

Everyone was shut out and he was the only one in the huge palace.

There was silence.

The arm resting on the wooden bathtub was covered in large scars, each of them shocking. Yun Qingci could hardly believe that this was Li Ying's body.

"Why do you bother... people can't come back from the dead." He spoke again, his palms slowly moved away from Li Ying's eyes, and the uncomfortable feeling in his heart became heavier and heavier.

He knew that Li Ying had loved him; even if he denied those feelings of love and labeled Li Ying with countless despicable, shameless and obscene labels, he still couldn't erase the fact that he had loved him.

He always thought that Li Ying didn't love him as much as he loved him, so he was annoyed, regretful and full of hatred.

If he had known, he would not have loved him.

Yun Qingci was a man who desired to get an equal reward for what he gave. He would be unhappy if he didn't get it and he would be satisfied if he got it. But if he was not careful and the reward was greater than what he gave, he would feel frightened and uneasy.

He asked himself and knew, if Li Ying was gone, Yun Qingci wouldn't go this far for him.

Of course, the most important thing was that when a person was dead, a dead person would not know anything. He would not understand what was done for him. Yun Qingci was most afraid of his ego being touched. If he did something for Li Ying, everyone had to know it, and most importantly, Li Ying had to know.

If he knew that Li Ying would no longer know, he would never do it.

Just like how he cut his wrist to make Li Ying's heart ache and how he acted cute, gentle and childish to make Li Ying like him.

And the injuries on Li Ying's body could almost be labelled as Lingchi. (death from a thousand cuts)

Cutting himself thousands of times, waiting for an almost impossible red light, Yun Qingci could hardly imagine the pain of such endless torture.

In addition, Li Ying still had some knife wounds on his back, as well as scars from being pierced by arrows, which should have been left by the expedition to Beichen in the past few years.

Yun Qingci rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand and reached out to check the water temperature. He realized that he couldn't feel it.

"The water should be cold, come out quickly."

A quarter of an hour later, Li Ying finally got up from the bathtub. Drops of water slid across his scarred body; he wiped himself dry as if nothing had happened and wrapped himself in his thin clothes.

Yun Qingci suddenly didn't dare to look at the injuries on his body.

He blinked a few times and saw Li Ying walking towards the bed with his treasured lamp.

"You're finally going to sleep? Do you know what time it is now, you don't really......"

He wanted to say, you don't really want to die, do you?

Thinking of it again, Li Ying did indeed want to die.

When Li Ying got on the bed, Yun Qingci threw himself on it and lay face to face with him. He saw his thin fingers search under the pillow, pull out a sapphire-colored hairpin and press its rounded tip against his chest.