Ch-31

Li Ying left Chaoyang Palace.

Along the palace wall, the Son of Heaven walked slowly, stepping on the snow, with only his supervisor Liu Ziru following him.

"Find out the details on Ruan Lian, whether he is from Lingzhou or not," he ordered: "Remember to inform Qi Renwei that the Jing people who were ambushed in Beichen recently should not act rashly."

He said in a deep voice: "Hurry."

Liu Ziru nodded and quietly glanced at the injury on his forehead: "Your Majesty, do you want to take care of it?"

"No need."

He raised his hand and pressed his fingers against his forehead, the pain of his flesh outweighed by the loneliness in his heart.

At least, his Lord Empress was still willing to lose his temper with him.

At this moment, Yun Qingci got back on the couch and touched his beloved night pearl.

When they got married, Li Ying took him to the treasure house to choose this pearl. Yun Qingci fell in love with it, and from then on, as long as he slept, he would definitely take it with him.

After the death of his mother, everything around him was inseparable from Li Ying.

Li Ying was almost his faith.

This man had put him in the Cold Palace back then but, except for revoking his status as the Lord Empress and confiscating his ceremonial driving, almost everything else was the same. He wore the same damask, brocade and cotton clothes, and even Yinxi was free to go out of the palace to buy and sell things.

Yun Qingci began to think about the details of his previous life again.

He realized that maybe Li Ying really couldn't help it. Assuming that everything he said was true, combined with Li Ying's attitude towards the Zhang family and his attitude towards the Prime Minister's mansion, the imprisonment of the Yun family in the previous life might have been a scene they conspired to play.

Li Ying couldn't wait to give him an explanation.

Since there was something to explain, it meant that Li Ying thought there was a misunderstanding between them.

But so what?

No matter how much Li Ying suffered and how much he couldn't help it, Yun Qingci was dead.

A dead person doesn't care how much the living person is suffering. Li Ying tried to explain to a dead person, either he was stupid or he thought that Yun Qingci was stupid.

After all, Yun Qingci really couldn't live any longer. He was desperate and he did jump off a building and commit suicide. He did hit the ground heavily in the ice and snow. Sometimes, he could even recall the moment he landed, feeling his ribs pierce his heart and lungs and blood slowly leak through his ear canals.

It hurt, but it didn't hurt that much, because by that time his body was already frozen and his skin felt so numb it seemed wooden.

And all this was thanks to Li Ying.

It was impossible to write off the past because he was still alive.

Yun Qingci stroked the night pearl.

Li Ying's head was really hard. Fortunately, the pearl was wrapped in black cloth and it was not cracked.

He laid on the bed for a while and then lit the cyan horn incense to summon his people.

Li Ying was living a new life but still couldn't be cruel to his mother, so Yun Qingci had to be the one who'd push him.

Empress Dowager Zhang, how could putting her under house arrest be enough? Yun Qingci couldn't wait to skin her.