Daddy Issues

"Hey Chris?"
Aubrey it's 3 in the morning the fuck are you doing?!
I knocked at his door, and immediately got a response.
"What's up?"
"I.. I.." I started crying and ran into him bc put my head on his shoulder.
"I don't wanna leave you."
"Oh, Aubrey.." he carried me to his bed and I wrapped my legs around his waist while he held me.
"Go ahead and cry little girl.. nobody does it like you do.."
What?!
"I know how much it matters to you.. I know that you got daddy issues.."
" and if you were my little girl, I'd do whatever I could do.." he sang, his voice a mere whisper but sounded like heaven.
"I'd run away and hide with you.. I know that you've got daddy issues.." he rested his chin on the space between my shoulder and neck, and I finally felt at peace.

That's when I realized I couldn't leave Chris.
I loved him, and I needed him. He's the only thing that could make me happy, the only guy that can make me feel good about myself.
Maybe I do have daddy issues.
"You know Aubrey.. no matter how far away we are.." he hesitated. "I'll always love you."

(Chris's POV)

The next morning, I woke up with Aubrey's head laying on top of my chest just like we had sat last night.
Her breathing was steady and calm, it gave me a sense of comfort.
Goddamn I fucking love this woman.
Her chest was bare and I placed a kiss on her collarbone and she buried herself back into the crook of his neck.
"Morning baby."
"Morning.." she yawned.
Her voice is so pretty..
Chris.
She's 19.
Stop.
She could never love you.
How could she?
Your old and she's still got her life to live, you're just holding her back.
The only reason she doesn't want to leave is because of you.
"Chris?"
"Hm?"
"I love you."

Sorry it's short I'm lazy 🤟🏼